𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒: SUNFLOWERS

· 。゚☆: *.☽
▎ 𝑭 𝑨 𝑹  𝑭 𝑹 𝑶 𝑴  𝑵 𝑶 𝑹 𝑴 𝑨 𝑳    ▎
𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 ━━ SUNFLOWERS.
࿔·゚*ೃ࿐ ࿔*   🎸🥁🎤🎶

keep your face to the sun and you cannotsee the shadows; it's what 𝘀𝘂𝗻𝗳𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿𝘀 do  ・ 。゚☆: *

see the shadows; it's what 𝘀𝘂𝗻𝗳𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿𝘀 do
  ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

ASHLEY brushed the tears from her face with her hand, wondering whether there was any particular reason that she was upset or whether she just was.

It always felt weird being there and getting upset, especially since Alex was visible to her now, everything about him so alive except for the obvious fact that he really just wasn't. It may have had something to do with her parents.

This was their place, though they didn't like to admit they came here as often as Ashley knew they did. This was the Alex they had left, this was all they had of the son they had lost on the dreaded summer night back in 1995.

The cemetery was their Alex.

     Ashley remembered being twelve years old after hearing from extended family members how aweless her parents had been towards her big brother when he first came out and being convinced they never came to visit his headstone. You would think they wouldn't if they hated who he was so much, wouldn't you?

     But on one of Alex's birthdays, when her parents had bundled Ashley into the car and driven halfway across town to the cemetery where they had buried their son, Ashley began to realise there was a lot about her parents and Alex that she didn't know, especially the current status of their respect towards him.

     After Ashley's conversation about Alex with her mother in the attic the night she had revealed all that she knew about Sunset Curve - she had yet to have a similar kind of conversation with her father, but her mom had reassured her that her father felt the same way that she did - Ashley had started to understand more about just what it must be like for her parents to live each and every day without Alex, remembering how awful they were to him before he died and how they could take absolutely none of that back now that he was gone.

It almost felt weird to go out there and sit with her parents version of Alex, sometimes getting upset and wondering why, talking to the air as if she couldn't talk to the real thing just across town. There was something comforting about being able to get words out to her brother and not have to worry about what he was going to say, how he was going to react, or how upset he would become.

Ashley visited the cemetery often, even though Alex was still around.

It was on this particular day that Ashley didn't end up being alone.