23. ACCEPTANCE

· 。゚☆: *.☽
▎ 𝑭 𝑨 𝑹 𝑭 𝑹 𝑶 𝑴 𝑵 𝑶 𝑹 𝑴 𝑨 𝑳 ▎
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ━━ ACCEPTANCE.
࿔·゚*ೃ࿐ ࿔* 🎸🥁🎤🎶

happiness can existonly in 𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲

happiness can exist
only in 𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲.
・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

     ASHLEY didn't know what she was doing.

     The week had been going great so far. She had had a wonderful gig with her friends and gained some confidence, did a dance with someone she never thought she would see again and didn't punch him in the face the whole time and then did another amazing gig for the people who went to her school.

     She was happy. Happier than she had been in a long time.

     So, why was she sitting in her living room planning on messing it all up?

     Since the band had begun to get more attention, especially since Ray Molina had helped Julie upload a video of their garage jam to Julie's YouTube page, Ashley had been thinking more and more about how on earth she was going to tell her parents she was in a ghost band when the truth inevitably came out.

     She would've hidden it forever if she could - her parents had lost Alex when he was a teenager and now their only living daughter was in a band with him? It shouldn't have been possible, it shouldn't have made any sense, and they were going to lose their minds when they found out, but until the day came, Ashley knew she had to keep a secret and just soften the blow as much as she could.

     That meant coming to her father and telling him about Sunset Curve.

     Ashley had never spoken in-depth to either Julie or Flynn about how at odds she and her father were about the band Alex had been in before he had died. Ashley's mother was indifferent to it, she went along with the house rules and that was about it but Ashley's father was different. He was headstrong and adamant, tough and unbroken, and if he could've kept Ashley away from the knowledge of Sunset Curve her whole life, he probably would've done.

     But he didn't and now he couldn't. And he had to know.

     Ashley couldn't keep lying to him anymore. She had to tell him she knew. She would start with her father first, get it out of the way, because she could almost tell there was going to be an argument as a result of the news, and then she would tell her mom. Her mom wouldn't argue with her, her mom would accept it.

     If the secret wasn't eating her up inside, Ashley wouldn't have said anything.

     Her mom was out running an errand and it was just her and her father in the house. Ashley didn't want to argue with her dad in front of her mom, she never liked doing that - she knew the woman hated it when they fought, and it was so rare that they did, that it would take her by surprise every time when they did.