18. FINALLY FREE

· 。゚☆: *.☽
▎ 𝑭 𝑨 𝑹  𝑭 𝑹 𝑶 𝑴  𝑵 𝑶 𝑹 𝑴 𝑨 𝑳    ▎
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ━━ FINALLY FREE.
࿔·゚*ೃ࿐ ࿔*   🎸🥁🎤🎶

hearts on 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, were no liarsso we say what we wanna say  ・ 。゚☆: *

so we say what we wanna say
  ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

ASHLEY could've held his hand forever.

It was like nothing she had ever felt from him before. Warmth, her heart beating from the ball of her thumb against his hand, a solid hand to hold onto.

She didn't want to let go. She would've held his hand forever had it not been for the boys calling out for them from the entrance to the studio, doors open.

"Ashley! Reggie!" It was Luke yelling their names. "Are you out here?"

Ashley looked down to their hands which were still intertwined and frowned.

"I don't want to let go." Ashley looked up to meet his eyes and he didn't have to say it, but she could see he was feeling the same way - he didn't much want to let go either. "What if I never get to do this again, I mean, it should be impossible-"

Reggie cut her off by squeezing her hand, tight.

"We'll find a way." He smiled at her and both of them released each other at the same time, Ashley's hand growing instantly cool when Reggie's fingers slipped from in between hers. Just for good measure, Ashley put her hand on top of his to test what would happen and was disappointed, but not surprised, when her hand went right through his.  It had been too good to happen again.

He smiled at her sadly before Luke called out for them again.

"Luke, inside voice, you'll wake the whole neighbourhood." Ashley sat up from her laying position to look at the boys over the edge of the roof. "We're up here."

Ashley watched as Alex backed up a little so he was standing on the drive and smiled, something extra glinting in his eyes when he saw Reggie with her.

"Hi, guys!" Reggie grinned, waving at his bandmates.

"What are y'all doing up there?" Luke chuckled when he saw the top of them sitting on the roof. "Come down, we're leaving for the venue in like twenty minutes. We gotta go and get Julie though, we don't quite know where she is."

"You guys go and grab her." Ashley waved them off. "I gotta grab my car keys from the studio otherwise neither Julie nor I am going anywhere."

The boys nodded, poofing away, probably into Julie's home.

Against her urge to keep it on, Ashley started to shrug Reggie's leather jacket off her shoulders to give it back to him - she felt the chill of the night as soon as she did and regretted slipping it off - before he waved his arms out to stop her.