08. TROUBLE IN PARADISE

· 。゚☆: *.☽
▎ 𝑭 𝑨 𝑹 𝑭 𝑹 𝑶 𝑴 𝑵 𝑶 𝑹 𝑴 𝑨 𝑳 ▎
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ━━ TROUBLE IN PARADISE.
࿔·゚*ೃ࿐ ࿔* 🎸🥁🎤🎶

you never look good trying tomake 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗲 else look bad  ・ 。゚☆: *

make 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗲 else look bad
・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

NEITHER Julie nor Ashley had any idea what to say or do.

What were they supposed to say?

Yes, students of Los Felix High School, you just watched us perform with the ghosts of a band that died in 1995. And no, we're not going crazy, promise.

Ashley didn't even need to imagine how that would go down.

Julie gave Ashley the side-eye and the blonde shrugged, the only sound in the room being the confused mumbling of the students on the floor. From side-stage, the stage manager come bouncing out, confusion written all over his face.

"Hey, where did the rest of the band go?"

Ashley was about to speak, make an excuse, before there was another voice.

"Wait. Were those holograms?" It was one of Carrie's backup dancers, the one Reggie had winked at on stage, and Ashley wanted to hop of the stage and hug her. What a brilliant excuse. Holograms. The boys had appeared and disappeared like air, everybody would have to believe that one.

"Yes! Yes, those were holograms." Ashley jumped onto the excuse before Julie could get a word in edgeways. "We plugged it into the ceiling projector before the show. I'd explain it, but it involves algorithms and science stuff."

That seemed to work on the students. They started applauding again and cheering for them both and Julie visibly let out a sigh of relief. Thank god.

Ashley saw a blur of movement in the corner of her eye and saw the boys standing at the bottom of the stage's steps. Alex caught her gaze and smiled slightly, before the boys fell into a quiet conversation that nobody could hear.

They couldn't be seen anymore.

Ashley couldn't help but watch as Reggie calmbered up the steps and did the most stupid dance, nobody even batting an eyelid at him. Ashley choked on a laugh in her throat, trying to play it off as a cough, watching as Alex grimanced.

"Okay, people, shows over." Their principal clapped her hands together a few times to get the attention of the students. "Let's get back to class, please."

The students sighed disappointedly but listened to the woman, slowly beginning to file out of the gymnasium. As Ashley and Julie lowered themselves down onto the edge of the stage, Ashley followed Reggie with her eyes, trying to talk to one of Carrie's dancers who clearly couldn't see him anymore.