25. LETTING GO

· 。゚☆: *.☽
▎ 𝑭 𝑨 𝑹 𝑭 𝑹 𝑶 𝑴 𝑵 𝑶 𝑹 𝑴 𝑨 𝑳 ▎
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ━━ LETTING GO.
࿔·゚*ೃ࿐ ࿔* 🎸🥁🎤🎶

the greatest step towards a life of𝘀𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗶𝘁𝘆 is learning to let go  ・ 。゚☆: *

𝘀𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗶𝘁𝘆 is learning to let go
・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

ASHLEY felt her heart pounding hard in her chest.

She didn't know what to say as Reggie winced again, rubbing the space on his chest that had just flashed with a bright light and had sent him flying off the piano bench. What had done that to him? How long had that been happening?

"Are you okay?" Ashley's voice was shaking and she didn't know why - Reggie was already dead, he couldn't die a second time, right? "That looked like it hurt."

"I'm alright." Reggie held onto the wall to lift himself from the ground, struggling. "Come and sit down with me and I'll explain everything, I promise."

Ashley wanted to refuse. She didn't like this. There was something about the way Reggie had spoken to her, something off about how gentle he was being. It was a different kind of gentle like he knew he was about to make a mistake.

Ashley hoped her gut feeling was wrong for once.

When the two of them had sat down on the studio's sofa, it was a long while before anybody spoke. Ashley wasn't going to speak first, she was going to let Reggie do it. There was an uncomfortable feeling bobbing in her throat anyway and she felt as if she might cry if she opened her mouth to speak to him.

"Remember a few weeks ago when Alex came and told us we had unfinished business and that's why we came back as ghosts?" Ashley hated how he seemed to be struggling to talk to her like he was trying to hold off information. Ashley nodded, remembering. That was the day they had told Flynn everything about the boys, the day Julie and the Phantoms had officially banded together.

That day felt like a million years ago.

"We figured out what it is."

Ashley felt a jolt in her chest, remembering the other information Alex had told them - the news that if the boys completed their unfinished business, they would cross over to where ghosts crossed over to. They would leave.

Ashley tried not to show her pain on her face.

"Okay, what is it?" She looked up to meet Reggie's eyes.

"We have to play the show we never got to play."

"The Orpheum?" Ashley remembered Alex telling her about the night they had died in more detail, how they had been two hours away from playing the biggest show of their lives and it had all come crumbling down because of a hotdog. "That does make sense. You were all together when that was supposed to happen."