15. LET DOWN AGAIN

· 。゚☆: *.☽
▎ 𝑭 𝑨 𝑹 𝑭 𝑹 𝑶 𝑴 𝑵 𝑶 𝑹 𝑴 𝑨 𝑳 ▎
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ━━ LET DOWN AGAIN.
࿔·゚*ೃ࿐ ࿔* 🎸🥁🎤🎶

i will remember and 𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿,but not forgive and forget  ・ 。゚☆: *

but not forgive and forget
・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

WHEN the dance had eventually fallen into full swing - with Flynn behind the DJ booth and smashing it - the unsettling feeling which was bubbling inside of Ashley still hadn't left and it was becoming stronger as the night progressed.

Ashley had come to the dance with Flynn while Julie went home to sort a few things and grab the new hologram machine, and when she had arrived with the new piece of tech - the hologram machine they didn't really need - she was smiling, but Ashley could tell she was nervous as Flynn motioned for her to go side stage where Ashley was bouncing around on the soles of her feet.

Maybe it was the side of the stage? Maybe it was all the people? There was a factor of things that could've been contributing to her unsettling feeling and the panic rising in her chest and one of them didn't have to be the fact that the guys still weren't with them yet. They would be there. The boys would be there.

They had to be.

"Oh my gosh, you look amazing!" Flynn had snapped Ashley from her feverish worry by squealing when Julie came into view properly - she was wearing one of her mom's old rainbow jumpers, Ashley remembered seeing her wear it once.

"Thanks!" Julie chuckled softly as she pulled Flynn into a hug and copied the action with Ashley. The blonde prayed that Julie wouldn't be able to feel the beating of her heart. "It's my mom's. I finally went through her stuff."

"She would've loved that you wore that." Ashley nudged Julie with her elbow.

Flynn nodded in agreement before she started looking around wistfully at the empty air. Ashley knew what - or more like who - she was looking for.

"Are the guys here?" She chuckled nervously and Ashley smiled.

"No, but they will be." Julie smiled. "They know how important this is to us."

Julie brushed her fingers across Ashley's shoulder softly.

"I don't know why I'm staring wistfully into space for them." Flynn chuckled, throwing her hands into the air. "One of them is Ashley's brother and he's gay, so there's that, one of them only has eyes for Julie and the other one is in the processes of falling over his own feet for Ashley. That leaves me nothing."

Ashley shoved her friend by her shoulder, flushing brightly.

"Always the straight-forward one Flynn." Julie was smiling but she was flushing too, the same bright colour as Ashley. What were they both like?