TWENTY SIX

"You did what?" Athene asked incredulously. 

"Yep-" Fred started.

"You got it." George finished.

"A whole five minute fire display-"

"In the middle of the OWLs-"

"Right in front of Umbridge-"

"Courtesy of-"

"Weasley's Wizard Wheezes." They said together.

Athene shook her head and desperately tried not to laugh as Molly sat directly across from her. She caught Remus' eye, and then Sirius', they too seemed to desperately want to laugh. 

"So... what now?" She asked, still utterly stunned. 

"We open a joke shop," Fred said with a cheeky grin. 

"Mr Potter here," George started, gesturing to where Harry sat beside Sirius, "donated all of his Triwizard Tournament winnings to us-"

"Apparently he doesn't want to remember it-" 

"Merlin knows why."

Athene caught her breath in her throat as Harry looked over at her. She had been present in the graveyard that night, she had stood beside her father in a death eater mask and watched as the Dark Lord mercilessly killed Cedric Diggory. The two held awkward eye contact for a second before George started slapping Harry on the back.

"So, thanks to you, Mr Potter, we are proud to announce our future plans! Are you proud mother?"

Mrs Weasley looked as if she could kill someone. 

Fred looked excited as he continued, "we'll return to Hogwarts, and leave one of our nastiest tricks outside of Umbridge's office-"

"Just so she'll never forget us."

Molly huffed and walked out of the room, Arthur followed.

"Bloody brilliant boys!" Sirius exclaimed as soon as the Weasley parents had left, and the whole room erupted into laughter. "You may even have given the marauders a run for their money," he said glancing over at Remus who nodded with a smile.

"Why thank you, Mr Black." Fred said, with a bow.

Tonks had begun to whisper to Remus about the marauders and the two were sat close laughing and discussing past pranks. Athene watched the two, she really hated Lupin for not loving her cousin back. They both deserved happiness. Tonks caught her watching and gave her a confused look, before going back to being besotted with the man. 

"So," Fred started, helping himself to a seat next to Athene.

"So," she said. 

"How have you been?" He asked politely. 

Athene raised her eyebrows at his politeness, "I'm fine... why the niceties?"

"I heard you had a rough time a few weeks ago, you and Tonks..."

"Oh- Merlin- I'm fine," she said with a laugh. "Anything to prove my loyalty," she drawled, rolling her eyes. 

"I believed your loyalty from the get-go," he said with a wink. 

"Ah- there's the childish Fred Weasley that I'm used to."

"Childish?" He asked, mock offended. "Surely you don't mean me?" He looked around him, trying to find who Athene could possibly be talking about. She laughed at him. "I'm an adult now Athene, eighteen years old. We're practically the same age." She pushed him away from her and gave him a serious look, "We are not, Fred Weasley." He laughed at that.