SIXTY EIGHT

Athene sat in the great hall with her head resting on Fleur Delacour's shoulder. There was people everywhere, some still in their school robes. Gryffindors and Slytherins were sat together, hugging each other, laughing with each other. Professors were helping students, cleaning their wounds and chatting casually.

 Everything felt far too normal. Everything looked far too normal. The bodies had been moved, most of them anyway. Athene wasn't sure where they had gone but she felt that it wasn't right to ask. 

Harry had come back into the hall and everyone had cheered. Athene clapped through tears, feeling that it was wrong to celebrate after the loss of so many. Molly and George hadn't cheered, that made her feel a little better about not being happy. 

Harry hadn't looked happy either, he looked empty. Athene thought that he was probably shocked. Ginny had run and embraced him the minute he was back in the hall. Athene had felt like she would break down at the sound of the young witch's sobs. Molly had watched through tears, probably realising that Fred would never experience any emotions again, and that George may never either.

Fleur had celebrated wildly, though. Athene didn't understand it. How could anyone be happy? They were safe, that was true enough. But how was she to continue when she had lost so many people. The only thing pushing her forwards was Ashley. And Remus.

Remus had come up to her and hugged her tightly, he went to her before he went to Harry. Athene thought that was odd. She didn't know what to say to him. She felt numb. She thought that he probably felt as if he owed her something.

The witch let go of her best friend's hand and glided out of the hall. Outside there were several death eater bodies, that annoyed her. What would happen to these bodies? So many of which she recognised. They were evil, that was certain. But now here they lay, alone and disregarded. Was that fair? She ran past them, feeling as if she had seen her fair share of bodies for years, and kept running until she reached the lake. 

Athene flopped backwards onto the grass and covered her eyes with her hands. She rubbed them, hoping to erase all of the things she had seen. Dead bodies. Lucius falling to the ground. Draco's face when he found out that she had killed their father. Remus' face as he looked death in the eye.

Her breath was heavy and shaky and she felt as if she could pass out. 

She had killed two people in her lifetime. That felt surreal. That felt evil.

Fred was dead.

Cel was dead.

Tonks was dead.

Sirius was dead.

She let out a sob and rubbed her eyes frantically, trying to force herself to think of who she had left. 

A hand touched her arm gently and Athene looked up to see Remus.

"Hi, 'thene," he muttered.

Athene sniffed and ignored him, keeping her eyes squeezed shut. He was a reminder of Lucius falling to the floor.

"Fleur wants to know if you want to go to Shell Cottage with her..." He started slowly.

She still didn't speak.

"Athene."

"What?" She snapped at him.

"I-I"

"What do you want me to say, Lupin?"

Remus groaned at her hostility, just wanting to help her.

"You want me to go to her house, have some coffee, sit by the sea like we used to? You want me to just be normal." She sat up and looked at him, "I can't do that. Tonks is gone. Cel is gone. They're... They're.... that house is just..."