FOURTY FOUR

Athene, Tonks, Remus, Fleur and the rest of the Weasley family had gathered at the Burrow before Dumbledore's funeral. Molly had thought that it would do them all good to be together. The poor woman had done nothing but desperately sob and say that the wizarding world was doomed. They had all wanted to stay at Hogwarts longer to support the students, but Mcgonagall had forbade it. Athene supposed that she would be headmistress now.  

The air in the house was awkward and glum. No one really spoke to each other, only Tonks appeared to be enjoying the time indoors. Fleur and Athene assumed that there was something occurring between her and Celine, but neither confirmed it.

The pink haired witch cleared her throat on the morning of Dumbledore's funeral and everyone in the Weasley kitchen turned to look at her. 

"I-I have something I need to say."

Fleur and Athene looked at each other in shock and mouthed, "no way."

Molly smiled at the witch, "go on dear."

"I well, I'd appreciate if you could all keep it to yourselves for the time being. I think Alastor would hex me."

"Of course," Remus said kindly.

"Me and Celine- we..."

Molly looked startled.

"I think I'm falling in love with her."

Athene beamed at her friend and Fleur squealed. Remus smiled slightly whilst Molly just looked in shock.

The old woman started to gesture upstairs, "Celine...you mean... her?"

"Yes, Molly. Her."

Molly looked at Remus, "but...but...you- Remus?"

Tonks laughed. "It was you who told me Molly that one day someone would come along and make me forget."

"But- Celine?"

"Yes, Molly. Please don't judge me."

"Oh Merlin, I'm not dear! I just can't believe it," she looked around at Remus, Fleur and Athene. "Don't you think this is so...surprising?" 

There were several murmurs of disagreement from the group. 

"I knew," Fleur said.

"Me too," Athene said.

"I guessed," Remus replied with a shrug.

"I wanted to tell you, Molly, because I respect you and your opinions. I don't know what you think of her-"

"Oh, Tonks! She's a lovely woman. I didn't judge Athene when she first came so why would I judge Celine! I'm so happy for you!" She kissed the witch multiple times on both cheeks before leaving to join the rest of her family in the garden.

The three friends and Remus grinned at each other.

"Told you you'd thank me," the man said, a smirk growing on his face.

"Shut up, Remus." Athene and Tonks said at the same time. 

Fleur laughed. 

"I wish there were a way for Celly to come to the funeral," Tonks said with a sigh. "Whose hand am I going to hold?"

"Mine!" Athene exclaimed.

Both witches looked at the blonde woman as if she were stupid, and then begun to glance between her and the man sat beside her. Remus coughed awkwardly.

"Surely there is a way," Athene said, ignoring the tension. "Polyjuice potion or..."

Tonks shrugged. "That would fall to Dumbledore to decide usually, now..."