FIFTY ONE

Fleur and Athene made up quickly, as they always did. Bill had made them leave it a week, and then they were allowed to travel to the Burrow. The remaining order members had begun to presume the worst for the three, Kingsley had already visited twice and Tonks had gone home after three days. Yet seven days, and nothing from any of them. Fleur told Athene that she secretly thought that Bill was over the top, but that she wouldn't interfere as it was his family that he was worrying for. 

Bill and Fleur Weasley, along with Athene Malfoy, apparated back to the Burrow on the ninth of August. Eight days after the wedding. They landed in the garden, all three of them landing on their feet and rushing to the door. Molly and Fred spotted them first, they ran out of the front door and the woman collapsed, crying, onto her eldest son. Fred grabbed onto Athene roughly and hugged her tightly, whispering, "where the fuck have you been," into her hair.

Arthur and Ginny stepped outside to see what Molly was crying about, Ginny ran to them whilst Arthur conjured his patronus, saying, "they're back. They're safe," before sending three of them running in different directions.

Tonks and Celine were the first to arrive. They floo'd and stepped out of the fireplace. Athene and Fleur rushed to them and all four women begun to cry. 

"I'm so sorry," Fleur was repeating over and over again to Tonks.

"Me too," Athene said into her cousins' hair as she clutched Celine's hand.

Tonks pulled away from the two women and wiped her eyes, "what're you sorry for?"

"For leaving you, Dora!" Fleur exclaimed. 

"Oh- Merlin- I wouldn't have left-"

"I thought you could be dead," Athene cried out, looking at the pink haired witch, "you ran from me the second that-" her shoulders were shaking harshly and Tonks embraced her into a tight hug.

"I'm sorry, 'Thene. Auror instincts," she whispered.

"I know, it's okay." She murmured back.

Kingsley stepped into the Burrow and looked at the four women and nodded in their direction, not bothering to show any emotion or gladness that they were back safely. He sat at Molly's table with a serious expression on his face.

"We need to have a meeting, Molly."

Molly nodded and everyone, including Ginny, made their way to sit around the table.

"Go upstairs, Ginevra." Molly snapped. The girl sighed but obeyed her mother, feeling that she did not need to endure any more stress. Athene looked around and noticed an empty chair and her heart sank.

"Remus?" She whispered shakily to Tonks.

"He's fine, he's okay."

"Thank fuck."

Kinglsey cleared his throat and began to speak,

"So as we are aware-"

"Sorry I'm late," a voice said from the doorway. Athene's heart skipped at the sound of Remus and she smiled widely at him. He didn't look back at her once, it was as if she did not exist. Instead of paying the witch any attention, he took his seat beside Arthur and stared straight at Kingsley.

"Hello Remus," the man boomed. "As we are aware, Harry Potter has not been seen for a week and we must presume that he has formally begun his 'secret task' that Dumbledore gave him. Our main priority now, aside from our own safety and the safety of places such as Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade, is to track Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger." Molly sighed at the mention of their names' and Athene gave her a comforting smile. "Currently, we do not have any idea of their whereabouts, but memory charms and a destroyed coffee shop puts them in London on the evening of the attack. We have no idea if they are still there."