FOURTY TWO

AM,

I'm writing to apologise. You haven't replied to any of my letters in the last few weeks and I can only assume that it is because of DM. If it makes you feel any better, I have had detention every day since, and will continue to until the end of term. I know you probably don't wish to hear any of this, but the incident in the bathroom confirmed that DM did indeed curse the girl (KB) in Hogsmeade. I asked him, and he begun to curse me. He was to deliver the necklace to AD, I wonder if his task has anything to do with him? I again apologise if you do not wish to hear any more on this matter. HG and RW think that DM isn't capable of any such thing, it is only you who understands that he is.

You will be hopefully comforted by the fact that DM is out of hospital and back to relative normalcy. He still goes into the RoR every day, but each time he emerges he seems increasingly pleased with himself, as if something is going right for him. Which would by extension mean that things are going well for V. I desperately hope that this is not the case.

I mentioned horcruxes to you in my last letter, I believe that AD thinks that they are the key to killing V. He is training me currently, something big is coming, I think.

I hope that you and the rest of the order are well. I have spoken to RL several times on his patrols of Hogwarts and he ensured me that you would forgive me. I hope he was right. HG and RW send their best wishes.

Sorry again,

HP

Athene scoffed as she sat in the living room of the Burrow with Fleur Delacour and Remus Lupin. 

"Don't be difficult, Athene." Fleur said, running a hand through her hair.

Remus smiled at the French witch.

"I'm not being bloody difficult, Fleur. This just doesn't take back the fact that he cursed my brother!"

"Your brother who threatened to summon You-Know-Who," Remus said.

"Shut up, Remus."

Fleur huffed. "You cannot hate him forever! You must stop by August," she was grinning slightly.

"Merlin's beard. Not everything revolves around your bloody wedding, Delacour."

"Ah! You won't be able to call me Delacour for much longer," she said, fiddling with the engagement ring on her finger. "Soon I'll be Weasley."

"You're disgusting."

"All your friends, in love." Fleur said with a giggle.

"Lovely."

Remus coughed. 

"I like seeing Dora in love," Fleur stated. 

"She's been in love with someone since I bloody met her. She's always pining over someone," Athene said with a tiny smile as she glanced at Remus. The man refused to meet her eyes. 

"Better than Miss 'there's no room for love in war.'"

"There isn't."

"Boring," Fleur said. "Anyway, you must forgive Harry."

"Why must I?"

"Because he's fighting for the right side!" Remus exclaimed.

"Bloody hell. Fine. I'll write him back."

"Make sure you mean it," Remus said with a smile as he left the room. 

"So," Fleur started, watching the man walk off. "Is that your first proper conversation with him since-"