FOURTY NINE

It was six o'clock in the morning when Fleur Delacour floo'd into Remus Lupin's living room without warning. The witch had been up since four. She wasn't used to sleeping without her fiance, and the nerves for her much anticipated wedding day had prevented her from resting at all. All night, all she had wanted was Athene's company, so she had decided that six o'clock was a reasonable time to wake her up.

In the couple of seconds Fleur had between stepping into the living room and Athene waking up, she noticed that it was not only Remus on the sofa. Athene was curled into his side with her head over his heart and his arm was around her. She smiled at how relaxed they looked with each other, and then grinned even more at the annoyed expression on her best friend's face when she awoke and untangled herself from the man beside her. 

Athene jumped up when she realised that someone was in the living room. Remus' arm was still around her and she pulled away quickly at the sight of Fleur who was, of course, smirking at her.

"Delacour what the fu-" She looked at the clock in the corner of the room, "it's six Fleur, are you insane?"

"It's my wedding day," she hissed, trying not to wake Remus.

"Your wedding is at two! We arranged for me to be at the Burrow for nine!" She exclaimed, Remus opened his eyes and stared at the two women, utterly confused. Athene couldn't help but smile at him.

"Morning..." He said slowly.

"Hi, Remus. Sorry to come and take Athene from you but, well, bridesmaids duties!"

He looked at Athene with a raised eyebrow. "At six in the morning?"

"She's fucking crazy," Athene huffed. Remus only smiled.

Fleur grabbed Athene's hand and pulled her up from where she had been sat, slightly touching Remus, on the sofa. 

He felt odd when she got up, cold almost. 

"You've got five minutes to be there," Fleur said sweetly with a kiss on her cheek. "See you later, Remus!"

"Right... good luck?" He said to her as she stepped into the fireplace. "Don't fall!" He shouted after her.

Athene laughed quietly and went into her- no, his- room. She quickly washed her face and got changed, before packing everything that she needed for the wedding, which included an overnight bag in case anything were to go wrong. Since her departure from Malfoy Manor almost three years ago, she had always ensured that she pack for the worse-case scenario. She rushed into the living room and went straight into the fireplace. Remus cleared his throat softly and she turned to look at him.

"You okay this morning?" He asked her politely.

"Oh- of course. Why?"

"Yesterday... Ashley..."

Athene smiled at him kindly, "today's my best friend's wedding day. That's the only thing on my mind." He nodded and she continued talking, "you should go back to sleep, Remus. You look rough."

"Always so kind," he said to her with a grin.

"Always so honest," she winked. "I- I should go."

"Have fun, I'll see you later." He said with a smile.

Athene returned it and said, "save me a dance," as she grasped the floo powder.

He grinned to himself when she left, letting himself have a moment to pause and think about the previous night before he tried to get more rest. 

Athene sat in the kitchen of the Burrow with Fleur, Molly, and Apolline Delacour. The three of them were sipping tea from huge mugs and trying to calm Fleur down. The witch had been stressing about her extended family coming, and about Harry being disguised, and about Kingsley not being there to head security all morning.