FIFTY THREE

Athene Malfoy's plan to avoid Remus Lupin for as long as she humanly could worked for twenty four hours. She had had Tonks go and collect her things from his house, and simply stayed in her room whilst he was at the Burrow. She had begged Tonks to be Remus' partner instead of her, and her cousin had agreed to speak to Kingsley.

 The man refused.

 Athene and other members of the order were sat around the table in the Burrow, listening intently as Kingsley spoke about the location of Harry potter.

"We believe that he is back at 12 Grimmauld Place," the man said.

"But it isn't safe there..." Athene mused. 

Remus look directly at her, "Alastor spent a lot of time trying to make it safe again. There are undoubtedly multiple protections up." She nodded. 

"We aren't sure how long they plan to stay, or why they are there. But I want two of us," he looked at Remus and Athene, "you two. To go out there and check on them. The area is crawling with death eaters so there is a safe house, 19 Grimmauld Place, for you to stay in until you are sure that you can enter safely."

"Can't Tonks go?" Athene asked quickly, avoiding Remus' eye.

"No, she can't, Miss Malfoy. I need Tonks to communicate with whoever we have left in the ministry and handle the muggleborn inquiries which are happening daily with myself. Everyone here has their jobs. Fleur and Bill are on Hogsmeade, Fred and George on Diagon Alley. Arthur will be continuing at the ministry, and Molly and Charlie are attempting to full-time track the three. You and Remus have been partnered together and you are needed for this."

"But-" She started.

"This is bigger than either of you," Kingsley commanded. "You will leave today."

Athene huffed as she packed a bag with Fleur. The french witch was smirking, as always, but behind her sparkling eyes there was fear.

"Promise me you won't do anything stupid?" She said. Athene rolled her eyes. "I mean it, just because you and Remus aren't on the best terms you have to work with him and help each other. You'll die if you don't."

"Yes, Fleur, I know all of this. I'm not stupid."

"And if you see your father-"

"I'll return the cruciatus curse he gave me last time."

"Athene! Be serious."

"I am, Del- Weasley."

"If you see your father, you get out of there, okay?"

"Okay. I doubt Remus would want us to-"

"Promise me you won't fight him."

"I promise, Fleur. I could be back by tomorrow. I'll be fine- we'll be fine."

Her best friend kissed both of her cheeks and wrapped her arms around her.

"Give my love to the children," she said, wiping her eyes.

"Hardly children, Fleur."

"Give my love to them."

Remus knocked on the door lightly, "you ready to leave?" Athene nodded and kissed Fleur on the head before standing up and walking over to the man.

"You be safe!" Fleur shouted after them. "Both of you!"

Molly gave them both the same lectures that Fleur had and kissed them goodbye.

"Look after him," the woman murmured in Athene's ear. "It's the full moon next week, he may be weaker." 

"Fucking brilliant," Athene said back quietly, Molly only smiled at the woman.