THIRTY SEVEN

Miraculously, the bottom floor of the Burrow had come out of the attack relatively unscathed. Remus, Bill and Arthur had worked on ensuring that it was safe, whilst Mad-Eye and Kingsley had arrived to put up protective enchantments with the help of Tonks.

 No one had spoken to Athene. Perhaps on account of the death eater who she was gripping onto. Celine was calm, or at least her exterior was. You could never tell with Slytherin pureblood women what was actually going through their brain. 

"That's the last of it, mum." Bill said to a devastated Mrs Weasley. "We can go inside and it's safe downstairs, come on." He guided his mother into the house and Athene heard a small sob come from the woman as she assessed the damage done to her home. 

"Come on," Fleur said to the remaining people outside, "come inside."

Mad-Eye, Kingsley and Tonks followed the French witch into the house. Athene hovered outside, unsure what to do. Ginny poked her head out of the door, "are you coming in?"

"I-I don't know-" Athene said.

"What? You're going to live out there now?"

"You can always live with me, Athene." A hand had gone onto her shoulder and she jumped. Fred and George Weasley had apparated there. Fred had his usual cheeky grin plastered onto his face until he looked up at his home. His face fell and he stared in horror, "Merlin..."

"I- Bellatrix..." Athene said to him slowly.

He looked at her. "He wasn't...?"

"No. Not him."

"Are you okay?" He asked her, gently taking her hand. She nodded and he opened his mouth to speak to the other witch, who he, up until he looked at her properly, had assumed was Tonks.

"Who's this?" Fred asked nervously. 

"She's-" Athene started.

"Celine Nott," George finished, staring in a mixture of awe and horror. 

"But she's-"

"A death eater," George finished. 

"Athene..." Fred started, removing his hand from hers and taking a couple of steps back. Molly appeared at the door and the twins rushed to her side.

"Athene?" Molly asked her, sounding unsure.

Athene said nothing back.

"Come in?" Molly asked gently.

"Are you sure I-"

"I think we all have a lot to talk about," Mad-Eye said gruffly, appearing behind Molly.

The order members, and Celine Nott, were sat in the tiny living room of the Burrow, no one wanting to speak first. Remus was staring furiously at Athene, whilst everyone else pretty much avoided the gaze of the two witches.

Athene cleared her throat. 

"I'm sure you're all wondering why Celine is here."

"You're too bloody right I am." Harry snapped at her.

"She's a ruddy death eater, Malfoy." Moody said.

"I know but she's-"

"What options have you left us with, Athene?" Remus said to her angrily, "what are we supposed to do now? Letting her in here was utterly selfish."

"What are you on about? This isn't a secret place, and even if it were, the death eaters were clearly aware of it. We could throw Celine back to the death eaters right now and nothing would change."