SEVENTY

Athene Malfoy folded up the letter from Dora Tonks neatly and put it carefully inside her pocket, feeling as if it was the only bit of her cousin she had left. That wasn't true, of course. But the letter was personal, it was Tonks. 

It said 'Wotcher'.

 It was all Tonks. She missed her cousin. The mention of Celine in the letter had made Athene sob. They were together, at least. Athene thought that made the situation ever so slightly better, at least they weren't alone. They had each other. They had Sirius. 

The witch was sat at the bottom of the cliffs, staring out into the sea as she had done countless times. She was waiting for someone to come to her. Waiting to be told that Ashley Smith had arrived at Shell Cottage, waiting to find out that it had all been a huge lie, that she had in fact murdered her best friend.

Andromeda Tonks vanished a few minutes after Athene had left with the letter, the witch had promised to shortly return with Ashley Smith. Remus too felt that it must be a lie, although the evidence all pointed to the witch being alive, he didn't understand how it could have been hidden for so much time. 

Fleur and Bill Weasley both had their wands pointed in the direction of where Narcissa and Draco Malfoy sat, whilst Charlie stood in the corner of the kitchen, grinding his jaw looking nervous. Remus remembered that he had once loved her.

Narcissa too looked anxious, but also pleased. Probably with herself. Remus inwardly scoffed. Knowing that the woman was immensely proud, and that despite the fact that she had fought alongside death eaters for most of her life, she would think that saving one girl's life would make her forgiven. As if her sins had been repented. 

Draco Malfoy, on the other hand, still looked bored. Bored and angry. His eyes were fixed on Remus, or occasionally on Bill, as he stared in disgust.

"You have something to say to my husband?" Fleur snapped to the boy when she noticed his eyes were once again on him.

Draco sneered at the woman, "where'd you get those ugly scars? They match Loony Lupin's."

Narcissa's lip curled but she hushed Draco regardless.

"A friend of yours, I believe," Bill said, without missing a beat.

"What?" The boy snapped.

"Whilst you were, 'crying on the astronomy tower', as my wife so eloquently put it," he started, winking at Fleur, "your little friend Greyback was attacking us on the ground."

When Draco didn't speak, Remus did.

"It is odd, Draco, that you hate werewolves so, and make so many comments about me, but that on that fateful night in Hogwarts we watched as one bullied you."

"You practically followed him around," Bill smirked.

"You were like his bitch," Fleur said with a grin. 

"You filthy half-breed," Draco hissed at Remus.

"I'd take being a filthy half-breed over being a cowardly death eater any day," the man laughed.

"Why you-" Draco started, beginning to stand up. Narcissa pulled him down firmly and shot him a cold glance.

"But mother they-"

"Enough, Draco."

"No, mother, it is not enough. Why the fuck are we here? In this awful, tiny, house. And why the fuck would you save a mudbloo-"

Charlie stormed over and pointed his wand into the boy's throat, Bill pulled him back gently and muttered something about him not being worth it.

"I did it for Athene," Narcissa said calmly.