22. Unhappy [Allen Walker]

Theme: Unhappy

Person: Allen

[Name] bit her lip as she watched Allen get closer to Lenalee, smiling and all the sorts. He was always talking to her, always smiling around her - it bothered [Name]. But she couldn't hate Lenalee; she was her best friend, and they were together like two peas in a pod; like sisters.

[Name] went up to Lenalee one day, wanting to know why she and Allen were hanging out more than usual. She knew that Lenalee knew she liked him - but now she didn't know their relationship.

"Lenalee-chan; um..." [Name] started, fiddling with her fingers as she approached Lenalee.

Lenalee turned around, surprise in her eyes. "Eh? [Name]-chan? What is it?" She smiled.

"Um...Allen's been hanging out with you a lot..." [Name] murmured quietly.

Lenalee raised her eyebrows, before she shook her head quickly, laughing nervously. She rubbed the back of her neck. "Ahaha no, [Name]-chan! I just needed to ask him something, that's all!" With that, she bolted off and left [Name] standing there.

[Name] sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. It was going to be a long week. The next 5 days were slow and sluggish. The 6th day was her birthday. She was unhappy.

[Name] sighed as she made her way down the hallway, on the day of her birthday. It made her sad that Allen nor Lenalee were with her in the morning. It was her [Age] birthday. [Name] heard a commotion at the end of the hallway. Having nothing else to do, she went over to see what it was. Peering around the corner, she saw a huge crowd of people, whispering amongst each other.

"What are you all doing?" [Name] asked.

Abruptly the others turned around and saw her, before gasping and laughing nervously. They parted in the middle to reveal Allen, who stood next to Lenalee, their arms behind their backs.

"And what's that behind your backs?" [Name] tilted her head to the side.

Allen and Lenalee laughed nervously, before Lenalee turned to Allen, whispering something to his ear before she bolted off. The other people who stood by ran off as well, leaving only [Name]and Allen there, all alone together.

"Uh..." There was an awkward silence.

Allen took a few steps forward, before he was next to [Name]. He pecked her on the cheek, immediately confusing [Name], then brought out the thing that he hid behind his back. It was a gift, beautifully wrapped in her favourite colours.

"This is for you, [Name]! Happy Birthday!" Allen hugged her, making her go a beetroot red.

She hugged back, mumbling a small, "Thanks" before she looked at the gift.

"Is this why you've been hanging out with Lenalee lately?" [Name] asked.

Allen nodded. He rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah, that's why. She told me many things about you..."

"Like what?"

"When you were a baby, you-"

"ALLEN! NO!"

That was a story she didn't - and never wanted to - tell. It made her unhappy yet again.