82. Dismay [Tyki]

Theme: Dismay

Person: Tyki Mikk

[Name] waited upon a promise. She waited outside in the snow, where the cold Christmas lights were standing out, in different shades and colours. It illuminated the freezing night.

Why she was waiting? A friend of hers wanted to meet up and go on a midnight date. They promised each other. She was waiting though, and having waited 20 minutes, she wasn't sure if her friend was going to come. But, a promise was a promise and she promised to wait for her friend. She was sure she would arrive, since her friend also promised too.

But, a long hour passed by and her friend still didn't come. She was cold, shivering. She had brought enough clothes to keep her warm, but the outside's chillingly cold air had started to get to her.

A few more hours passed. She had waited there, sitting and shivering on a bench around a Christmas tree. She wasn't sure anymore if her friend had acted upon that promise. She shivered, nuzzling into the warmth of the scarf around her neck. She felt sleepy, but she also felt as if she was tossed away. Quite frankly, it made her feel sad.

"Are you cold, Miss?" A tall man asked, standing in front of the shivering female. [Name] looked up and met the golden eyes of a handsome man, with umber skin. He was very tall, being over 6 feet. She was hesitant to reply, but nodded since she didn't trust her voice.

The man took off his black top hat and placed it on her head, fitting it so that it fitted. He bobbed down, kneeling so that he could see her face. "How come you're here all alone?" He asked in curiosity, "It's very late. Should you not be sleeping?"

[Name] looked at the man for a second, before staring at the snowy ground. "I promised a friend I would meet them here so that we could go on a midnight date..." She mumbled, feeling her lips go numb.

She heard the man exhale deeply, before he placed a hand behind [Name]'s shoulder and lifted her up. "I'll take you somewhere warm so that we can enjoy a midnight snack."

[Name] was astounded by that mysterious man. She didn't know why he would do this, but it was very nice of him. After all, she had been stuck in the cold, freezing night, and he was the only one to notice and actually talk to her.

"That would be nice...Mr...?" [Name] questioned.

"Mikk. Call me Tyki." Tyki spoke.

Tyki...There was something special about saying that name. Maybe it was him, but she didn't know. Maybe something special was going to happen, after all.