46. Adoration [Lavi]

Theme: Adoration

Person: Lavi

[Name] stared at the photo book cover, wanting to open it to take a little peek inside. She was sure that the person who owned it wouldn't mind. Slowly, she sneaked over and touched the book, surprisingly noticing that it wasn't specked with any dust or grime. It was well taken care of.

"Who...?" [Name] whispered.

From all the people she knew, they never took that much care with their photo albums. It was strange, for this one album, to be so clean. But, that was one of the many things that drew her to the album.

Slowly as she opened it, her [Eye Colour] eyes scanned around the area, seeing if the coast was clear. It was. She continued, flipping to the first page. Once she did, though, her eyes widened and her jaw dropped.

A small boy, with soft and slightly spiked red hair was smiling in happiness, riding on Bookman's back. They were in a wheat field, the sun bright and high in the cloudless sky.

"Lavi?" [Name] gasped, rubbing her eyes and making sure it was really him. It was. Flipping to another page, she found many other pictures of the child form Lavi, smiling and making funny faces at the camera. When she was about to turn to the last page, however, a voice made her jump.

"[Name], what are you doing?" Lavi asked, leaning against the door frame. [Name]'s eyes widened and she dropped the book onto the table, before glancing at Lavi, then back at the book, before slamming it shut and laughing nervously.

"U-Uh...I was looking for something...?" She laughed, trying to calm her dramatically beating heart that nearly thumped out of her chest from shock. Quickly glancing around to support her lie, she shook her head. "Ahaha; it's not here, so, uh, I guess it's somewhere else!" Quickly, she moved out of the room and bolted off, hoping to get away from her embarrassment.

Lavi watched her go, before laughing lightly, walking over to the photo album. He knew she was looking at it - he didn't mind, so why did she bolt off like that and lie? Was she that scared that he'd do something to punish her? Flipping over to the last page, Lavi stared at the picture, a grin on his lips.

"She didn't get to see this. Ha." Lavi left, the album open on the last page. It showed a girl, with [Hair Colour] coloured hair and bright [Eye Colour] eyes, hugging a taller red head from the side.

In black ink, scrawled on the corner of the picture, wrote: 'I love you too.'