Chapter 51

"Need a drink?" Gemma asked as she walked up to me. I'd been sitting on the hood of my car for twenty minutes or so when she walked up. I had no idea where Jax had gone and I'd glared at Damon as he left after signing a statement to police.

"Not the kind that's acceptable at 9 am," I said as she handed me a mug of coffee. I took a sip and grimaced a little.

"The hell did you put in this?" I asked once I had it down. I handed the mug back to her and she took a sip.

"That's mine," she said handing me the identical mug from her other hand. I took a sip of the coffee and smiled a little and thanked her.

"Where's my son?" She asked.

"I don't know," I said. "He took my keys and disappeared. Decided I was too angry to drive or something."

"Angry?" She asked.

"The producer that was supposed to close up last night left the new guy that's doing books here alone," I said. She nodded and took another sip of her coffee.

"Well, I have to get to the garage. Neeta is with the baby," she said.

"Thanks for the coffee," I said.

"You're welcome. If you need anything, let us know," she said. I nodded a bit and hopped down off the hood of my car finally.

I walked off towards Hale's car in search of my boyfriend and my car keys.

"Deputy Hale," I said as I approached them.

"Sorry Alex but the warehouse is going to have to be leveled," he said. I looked at the burned remains and nodded.

"Yeah, it appears it is," I said. "So let's hope the insurance pulls through for me. Now, have you seen Jax?"

"He said he was going to come find you ten minutes ago," he said. I nodded and headed back to my car. His bike had been parked not too far away but I didn't see it there anymore.

I rolled my eyes and called his cell.

"Hey baby," he said. "I'm calling it an early day. You me and Abel can have some good family bonding this afternoon."

"That'd be great," I said. "Except you left me stranded at Caracara."

"Shit," he said. "Wait, no, your keys are in the gas cap."

I opened the door and sure enough the keys were sitting right inside.

"Thanks baby," I said. "I'm going to head home and get the grocery list. I'll see you soon."

"I love you Alex," he said.

"I love you too Jax," I said as I got into my car and headed home.

"Good morning Miss Alex," Neeta said.

"Good morning Neeta," I said. I walked over to where Abel was sitting in a bouncer and kissed him on the head.

"I'm going to go grocery shopping, but when I get home you're free to go for the day," I said. "Jax is calling it an early day too. We're going to have some family time."

"That will be nice for all of you," she said. "And dear, I'm so sorry about you're mother."

"Thank you Neeta," I said, hugging her. She returned the hug as she whispered a prayer.

I took the grocery list off the fridge, checking to make sure we didn't need anything else. I headed out to the store and took my time getting what we needed.

I occasionally had people stop me to tell me that they were sorry for my loss. I smiled and thanked them politely but I had a hard time believing that they were truly sorry. Most of them didn't like my mother or father, they just wanted to seem like good people.

Before too long I'd finished up at the store and was headed home to my family.