Chapter 7

A few hours later I woke up to my phone ringing.

"Hello," I said, answering it quickly.

"Hey why do you need the make and model of my bike?" Jax asked.

"Oh, uh, I was doing a mural and the guy wanted the exact one I did in Abel's room. It's in a club I used to work in. Don't worry I just used the same pictures but left the SAMCRO detailing off. Cost me five hundred though."

"Wait, so you did another mural for cash?"

"Yeah."

"And the guy got pissed cause you wouldn't include our emblems?" He asked.

"Yes Jax. Don't worry. I just did the Harley with no emblems."

"Where is it?"

"Does it matter?" I asked.

"Yes it matters," he said bitterly.

"Oakland," I said.

"Rival territory," he muttered.

"No shit. Why do you think I just did the bike?"

"Yeah I know," he said. "I'm sorry. Been a long couple of days."

"Yeah I get it," I said.

"Look I gotta go prep for a run. I'll talk to you soon," he said. We said our goodbyes and hung up.

The following afternoon I got ready and headed down to the club at roughly seven o'clock. I'd hang out backstage and do my hair and makeup and such for a few hours before things really got going in the club.

I was so happy to see some of my old friends again. Most of the them wanted to know all the details of what was going on with me. Did I have a boyfriend? Get I get a better job? Was that why I quit dancing?

My phone started ringing, causing the girls to stop with their questions.

"I have to take this," I said as Jax's name appeared on the screen.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Mind telling me why your car is parked at a damn strip club?" He asked angrily.

"It really your concern where my car or I are?" I shot back.

"Why the hell are you at a strip club Alex?"

"Why the hell do you know where I am?"

"I'm in Oakland," he said. "Standing right next to your car outside a fucking strip club. Bobby was the one who knew what this place was. Said Tig used to drag him up here."

"Well," I said. "Why don't you and the boys come inside and I'll get some girls to show y'all a good time. Still gonna have to pay though."

"What the hell Alex?"

"I'll be out in a minutes Jax. Don't move," I said.

"That your boyfriend?" Mikey asked.

"No just an old friend," I said. "Who's pissed that I'm working here for the night. I'll be back."

I threw on my joggers and a hoodie and headed out the back door.

"What are ya doing? Stalking me?" I asked as I approached Jax, Opie, and Bobby.

"Why are you here?" Jax asked.

"I'm working. The place was just bought out by a new owner. This guy is trying to make it more appealing to wannabe bikers so he asked Mikey to have me come do a mural after seeing the one I did in Abel's room. Mikey talked him into letting me dance tonight. I hear that attendance has been down since I left. In fact I know Tig hasn't been back cause he used to only come here for me."

"What the hell?" Opie asked.

"You what?" Jax asked.

"I'm a stripper Jax. Or was a stripper. And if the three of you want in the club tonight, I'll pull a few strings. This new owner owes me anyways. Cut a quarter of my price cause I wouldn't do Jax's Harley on his wall."

"I can't believe it," he said. "And Tig?"

"Was my best paying customer for a while," I said.

"Then he found out who you are," Bobby joked.

"Yeah being the daughter of a member was a bit of a turnoff. Musta went back to the Croweaters," I said.

"Usually three or four at a time," Bobby said causing me to laugh a bit.

"How long you been doing this?" Opie asked, nodding towards the club.

"Sophomore year of college was more expensive than anticipated," I said. "Danced through most of college. I had to keep it up for a while after too cause Caracara wasn't doing so well. Now I just dance here and there for the money."

"So what do you say boys, should we join her?" Bobby asked after a bit of silence.

"Our run doesn't technically start until tomorrow morning," Jax said. That was an agreement. I called Mikey and got them approved to come in with me and we headed in.