Chapter 54

The next day, I was up well before Jax since I could barely sleep. I had gone to sit in Abel's room for a while, hoping to relax some. I had a sick feeling about today and I knew it was because I was going to have to bury my mom.

"Alex baby," Jax called out at about 7:30. I was in the kitchen making breakfast and coffee.

"Kitchen," I called back. I heard him sigh and some shuffling before he walked down the hallway in just his boxers.

"Why are you up so early?" He asked.

"Couldn't sleep," I said. He just nodded and got some coffee.

"Smells good out here," he said.

"I do know my way around the kitchen," I said. He just smiled a little. Apparently it was still too early for him.

Abel started crying so Jax went to get him as I finished up breakfast.

Once I had plates for both of us made, I joined him at the table.

"Can we talk business?" I asked.

He nodded as he took a bite. He was still holding Abel in one arm as he ate and I smiled a little at him. He was such a good dad and I couldn't wait to have more kids with him some day.

"I was thinking if the Sons want to reopen Caracara they can and I will happily partner so that it stays in the Delaney family cause it was my mom's pride and joy. I just don't want any part of it. Or if you want to hire our talent to a new Sons owned porn company that's fine too. I think you should pull Lyla behind the camera though," I said. He nodded, clearly listening.

"I like the idea," he said. "Sons owned porn company would make good money."

"Next part, how do you think the Sons would feel about partnering on a strip club?"

He froze mid bite and forced himself to swallow before responding.

"Tig, Happy, all the guys would love that," he said. "You think you can handle that?"

I nodded. "I know how to run a club."

"Let me bring it up at church," he said. "You got a space in mind?"

"There's an abandoned gas station out on the road to Lodi."

He nodded. He knew what I was talking about.

"We'd have to renovate the whole place and pull the pumps out but I figured you'd happily loan me some prospects."

"Have I ever told you I love you?"

I smiled and nodded.

"Good because I do."

"I love you too Jax."

"Have you talked to Josh about all this?"

I shook my head. "Not yet."

He only nodded as we finished up breakfast.

"So I take it you'll talk to the club Friday at church?"

He nodded and I kissed his lips before cleaning up.

I headed off to shower and get dressed and ready for today. Luckily for us, Neeta was coming to watch Abel while we went to the funeral and dinner. I loved my son but I was burying my mom today and I wasn't sure how I'd hold up.

By the time that Neeta arrived, Jax and I were ready to leave. I drove my car down to the clubhouse where we were all meeting to head to the funeral home and escort my mom to the cemetery. We couldn't have a viewing so everything was going to be at the cemetery.