Chapter 55

When I pulled onto the lot I was shocked by the number of bikes present. I parked by Gemma's Caddy and immediately went over to where Jax was parking his bike. My brother's Jeep was here already and he was dressed in his dress blues.

"Who is everyone?" I asked softly.

"Club support for your family. At least two representatives of every US charter," he said.

My eyes watered a little at the club's gesture.

"Thank you," I said. He nodded and kissed my head as we walked over to Gemma and Clay. Josh was standing nearby nursing a beer and talking to Tig. They seemed to have hit it off and a small part of me wondered if Josh remembered how to ride and if maybe Tig was going to sponsor him.

"Thank you Clay," I said. He hugged me and told me it was the least the club could do.

"We've got to head out in a few," Jax said. I just nodded and Gemma pulled me into her side.

"I love you baby," she said softly.

"I love you too Gem," I said. "Thanks for all of this."

"Your Mom deserved a hell of a lot more," she said. I nodded in agreement. I made eye contact with Josh and snuck out of Gemma's grasp to go see him.

"I wasn't expecting all this," he said.

"Me either," I said hugging him.

"They really do take care of their own."

I nodded. "Lean into the club and it protects ya."

He shook his head. I knew he still had his doubts.

"I remember the bs but Mom was still killed."

"By a rival porn producer," I said. He nodded. It would take more than a few days to get him adjusted back to the club lifestyle but he would get there.

Clay whistled and everyone started getting on their bikes. Gemma was driving Josh and I so we went over to her Caddy and got in. I started silently crying before we even left the lot.

"God damn it," I said. Gemma tried to smile at me in support but her eyes started watering too. I dug through my purse and found my tissues, wiping my eyes.

Charming is small so it didn't take us long to get to the cemetery. When we arrived Jax and Clay were at our doors instantly, helping Gemma and I out of the car. We walked over to where we were burying her and Gemma and I took seats side by side. Jax, Clay, and Josh all stood behind us as others started showing up. Most of the Caracara staff was here along with Unser and Hale. My mom was important to a lot of people, if only because she'd married Otto.

I wished my dad could be here but I knew he was absolutely crushed that my mom was gone. Maybe it's just natural for girls to want their dad by their side for all the big things that happen in their lives.

The service was a blur. I know Josh have a eulogy that I had helped him write a few days ago, but I didn't hear it. I couldn't hear anything over to heartbeat in my ears. Jax must've noticed my anxiety because he placed a hand on my shoulder and I reached up to squeeze his fingers. I relaxed a little but I was still beyond stressed.

After my mother had been laid to rest, we headed back to the clubhouse for dinner. Everything was sort of a blur. People circled through and offered their condolences and I thanked them all. The brothers from out of town who didn't even know my mom were sorry to hear of her passing, something Josh and I jokingly attributed to her porn production skills.

It was just starting to get dark when Josh took me home. Jax followed right behind us but I wasn't sure I could drive or stay upright on a bike thanks to my nerves being completely shot.