Chapter 45

When I arrived at the garage, Gemma was waiting in the office with the garage door open. I grabbed Abel from his car seat and placed him into the baby carrier that I'd secured around my torso. He was pretty tired so he fell asleep quickly as I walked from my car into the office.

"How's the boy?" She asked.

"Tired," I said, kissing his head as he slept.

"Don't you ever get sick of holding him?" She asked.

"I don't think that's possible," I said.

She smiled a little before explaining to me about how Oswald posted the bail for the guys. I sat down in the chair near the door. We waited in silence as she worked on some stuff for the garage.

Before long, the van pulled up out front and all of the guys got out of it. Gemma and I headed out to meet them. They all stormed off into the clubhouse except Jax who headed into the garage. I went to follow him when Gemma grabbed my arm.

"From the looks of it, Clay is pretty beat up. You might want to go check on him," I said softly, pulling my arm away from her. I headed off in search of Jax without waiting for a response.

He was sitting near a bike like he was going to start working on it.

"Do you want me to head home?" I asked.

"Well, it's nice to see you too," he said sarcastically.

"Gemma told me to leave you alone so if you wanna be alone I'll take Abel home and put him to bed," I said. Jax looked up and finally stood up and walked over to us.

"Babe," he said. "I'm sorry."

"You don't need to be," I said. "Opie explained everything."

"We have a lot to talk about," he said.

"First, I've gotta clean up your face," I said.

"It's not that bad," he said.

"Babe," I said. "I know you get hit a lot but this is bad."

"I got into a fight with Clay," he said. I nodded and leaned into his chest a little. He had a hand on Abel's back and the other was around my waist.

"We can talk later," I said. "Do you wanna hold him?"

He nodded a little and I took Abel from the carrier and handed him to Jax. Abel barely even woke up from the transfer. Jax smiled gently as he held his son.

"Why don't we head home and get some rest?" I suggested. "I'll bring you back in the morning to get your bike."

"Sounds like a great plan," Jax said. We headed out to my car and headed home. We put Abel to bed together before heading into our room. Jax headed off to shower quickly. When he was done, I cleaned up his face and we went out to the bed. We sat on the bed talking about everything that had gone down since we'd last seen one another.

"Jax baby," I said, pulling him into my arms.

"It's been a long few days Alex," he said, cuddling into my arms a little.

"I know it has here too baby," I said.

After a few minutes, Jax was asleep. I snuck out of bed and turned off the lights before going back to lay with him. He pulled me into his chest tightly, making me wonder whether or not he was asleep.

I laid on his chest, listening to his heartbeat and crying silently. He was back. He was safe and sound and in my arms again. That was all that really mattered.