Chapter 41

As I worked on making sure the clothes wouldn't stain, Jax made his way down to where I was.

"Babe, are you mad?" He asked softly.

"I'm just frustrated, but not with you," I said.

"We should take a vacation. Just the three of us," he said. I dropped the laundry into the washer and turned to look at him.

"The three of us. No Gemma or Clay?" I asked.

He nodded a bit. "I think the club could manage without me for a week or so."

"And the money?" I asked.

"Babe, I have money don't worry," he said, walking over to me and trapping me between his body and the washer.

"I know," I said softly, leaning up to kiss his lips gently. He tried to deepen the kiss but I pulled back causing him to dramatically pout his bottom lip out.

"One, I think it's a great idea, and two, your son is crying," I said, pointing towards the living room where Abel was once again screaming his head off.

"He's such a cockblock," Jax said, chuckling as he headed off to check on Abel and I started the washer.

I joined Jax and Abel in the living room and Abel seemed to still not be feeling better.

"Is he okay?" I asked softly as I felt his forehead. He was warm.

"Take his clothes off and call the pediatrician," I said.

"Let me call mom," he said.

"She socked you in the eye for defending our parenting and now you wanna go crawling on your knees to her?" I asked, glaring at him. "No."

"Who are we gonna call? Luann?" He asked.

"Opie?" I asked.

"He spent five years in prison. Kids were pretty young when he got locked up," he said. I took Abel from him and went to get him some fluids and check his temperature.

"If it gets worse we go to the doctor tomorrow," I said. "Tonight we keep him comfy and try to get him to sleep. And you run to the store and get some baby Tylenol."

"I'll be back in twenty," he said.

"Make it ten," I said. He nodded a little and I sat down on the couch with Abel. He was running a bit of a fever but it wasn't enough for concern.

I sang to him softly as I sat on the couch. My phone started ringing and I grabbed it, answering it without thinking.

"Hello," I said.

"Miss Alex," Neeta said. How did we not think to call her?

"Hi Neeta," I said.

"Gemma called and said Abel is sick," she said.

"Yeah, he threw up earlier and is running a small fever," I said. "I sent Jax out for some Tylenol for him. Should cut the fever."

"It will help," she said. "Do you want me to swing by?"

"I think we've got it Neeta," i said. "Thank you though."

We ended our conversation and Jax returned.

Jax and I spent the evening watching over Abel and catching up. It'd been a long time since we'd spent so much time together. It was good for us.

Jax and I didn't sleep at all that night cause we were too worried about Abel.

By the next morning Abel was fine and Jax and I were falling asleep over the table at breakfast.

"Is this what parenting is like?" Jax asked as Abel slept and we downed the fourth pot of coffee since 10 pm.

I nodded a little. "I think so."

Jax chuckled and luckily we had the day off so we would be able to head to bed soon.

"Why don't we go lay down for a bit?" I suggested. "Take Abel's bassinet into our room and he'll cry if he needs us."

"We tried," he said, referring to the hours we spent in our bed, both too stressed to sleep.

"Let's try again," I said and he agreed so we headed back to our room with our son in tow. This time, since his fever had broke, we were able to get a little rest.