Chapter 34

The next morning, Gemma woke me up when she came in to get Abel. He wasn't awake yet but she seemed to think he needed to be.

"Don't you two keep him on a schedule?" She asked harshly.

"Yes mom, lay off," Jax said, pulling me closer to his body.

"Well good morning," he said, kissing my nose as I smiled up at him.

"We should probably get up," I said.

"Yeah," he groaned. We got up and got ourselves ready for the day before Jax went to get Abel and get him ready too.

Before long we were sitting down to breakfast with Gemma and Clay. It was roughly nine am, but Gemma had given the club permission to arrive as early as 10:00, so we'd have to have the meal cleaned up by then. Once we finished, Clay and Jax took off to discuss something, probably club related, and Gemma and I cleaned the kitchen up and started prepping for the day.

"Hey, how're things with you and Jax?" She asked.

"Great," I said. "Why?"

"I was just curious. You've had a rough few weeks. Just gotta make sure my boy is treating you right."

I rolled my eyes a little before responding. "He's been amazing Gemma."

"That's really good to know," she said.

"Yeah he's been really patient with me. Helping me ease back into things. He's really stepped up with some housework and with caring for Abel while I was down. It was nice to see that side of him," I said, a small smile growing on my face.

"Baby," she said. I didn't trust her tone. "Men aren't cut out for housework and raising kids."

"He's just done more recently. I didn't say it'd last," I said, a little bitter now. I tried to push it down.

"And in bed?"

"Not that it's any of your business, but we haven't had sex since," I said. I refused to make eye contact with her.

"You better be keeping him satisfied. There's plenty of Croweaters who would love to tap into that," she said.

"Gemma, he and I have talked about this and Jax isn't going to cheat on me. I am a little concerned though, that you think so lowly of your own son," I said.

"He's a man honey. Men are driven by basic needs and sex is one of em. If he ain't getting it from you he's going to get it somewhere."

"Look, Gemma, I get that you're concerned about your son, but how I recover from being raped is really none of your damn concern," I said, a little louder than intended. I ran off, heading immediately for the room Jax and I had stayed in.

I sat on the bed, curled up in a ball just staring at the wall. I heard the door opening downstairs and some muffled voices. Then Jax was yelling about something before he took off up the stairs.

"Hey babe," he said as he walked in.

"I'll apologize to your mom in a bit," I said.

"What was that fight about?" He asked as he sat down with me.

"Well she basically told me that if I don't have sex with you soon you'll cheat on me and I kinda lost it a bit and told her that my recovery was none of her concern," I said.

"One, I'm not cheating ever babe. Okay?" He asked, taking my hand in his as we held eye contact. I smiled softly and nodded a little.

"And two, you're right. Your recovery is none of her concern," he said. He leaned over and kissed me gently.

"When you're ready, I'll be here," he said.

"I love you Jax," I said.

"I love you too babe," he said. The noise that was carrying upstairs was pretty significant. I smiled a little bit told him we should probably head downstairs, to which he agreed.