Chapter 38

The next morning, Jax and I got Abel up about 7:00 and we got into his presents. Abel was happy as could be as I held him and Jax sat across from us and helped him open the presents. Jax and I opened our presents as Abel laid on the floor near us. He got a new blanket that Jax laid out and Abel was happily grabbing onto it as he laid on it.

"Thanks baby," I said, leaning over and kissing Jax's lips as we finished up.

"Thank you baby," he said as we stood up and started to clean up the wrapping paper.

We finished cleaning and I started to make some cinnamon rolls for breakfast.

"I'm going to hop in the shower baby," Jax said, kissing my lips as he handed Abel to me.

"Alright, ten minutes," I said. He nodded and I started talking to Abel and kissed his head as I worked on making coffee.

The rest of the morning flew by and before we knew it, we were waiting for our guests to arrive.

"You look stunning," Jax said, kissing me as we sat on the couch together.

"Thanks baby," I said. Abel was sitting in Jax's arms and holding onto his finger tightly. The doorbell rang and I went to stand up when Jax handed Abel to me and went to get the door himself. I bounced Abel a little as Chibs and Jax walked back into the living room.

"Hey sweetheart," Chibs said as he sat down on the love seat.

"Can I get you anything?" I asked as Jax sat some presents by the tree.

"Some coffee would be great lass," he said. I nodded and headed to the kitchen as someone knocked again. I went to yell for Jax to get it when Gemma and Clay let themselves in with my mother close behind.

"Hi," I said as my mom walked into the kitchen.

"You look good baby," she said, hugging me a little as I headed into the living room with Chibs' coffee.

"Clay, Gemma," I said as I greeted them. "Can I get you anything? Coffee?"

"Black," Clay said.

"I got it sweetheart," Gemma said as she led me into the kitchen and stuck her pie plate on the counter.

"What do you need help with?" She asked.

"Everything is prepped and what needs to be is started," I said. "Thank you though."

I tried to leave with Clay's coffee but she stopped me and took it herself.

"How're things with you and Jax?" She asked. I looked into the living room nervously. He was staring back at me and smiling. I smiled a little and his eyes lit up.

"Great," I said. "And our bedroom is ours." I walked into the living room and sat down on the floor with Jax and Abel.

Between presents and dinner, the day flew by. My mom helped ease the still obvious tension between Gemma and I. Jax seemed to notice it anyways.

That night, we were laying in bed when Jax brought it up.

"What is with you and Mom?" He asked. I was laying on my back, staring at the ceiling so Jax rolled onto his side to face me. He propped his head up on his hand and watched my face carefully.

"Must we discuss this on such a perfect day?" I asked dramatically.

"What is it?" He asked, his hand on my hip.

"She just tried to bring up our sex life again this morning," I said. "I told her our bedroom was ours and it must've rubbed her the wrong way."

"What sex life?" He asked. I slapped him and rolled away from him.

"It was a joke baby," he said, moving closer to me and kissing my shoulder.

"Your last Christmas gift just went out the window asshole," I said, trying to hide the smirk pulling at my lips as I rolled onto my back again so I could see him.

"Did it though baby?" He asked, leaning over and kissing my lips quickly. I shook my head no as I smiled at Jax.

"I'm ready Jax."

"I love you Alex," he said.

"I love you too Jax," I said.