Chapter 22

My phone ringing gained my attention away from the ceiling.

"Hello," I said.

"Hey baby," Jax's voice came through the phone. I smiled softly, relaxing as I heard his voice.

"How's it going?" I asked.

"Great apart from the fighting with Clay," he said. "I'll fill ya in when I get home."

"Yeah, sounds good," I said.

"How's our boy doing?" Jax asked.

"Good," I said standing and walking into Abels room. "Sound asleep for now."

"No problems with him today?"

"Nope," I said. "Much more calm than his daddy."

"Hey," Jax said pretending to be offended.

"Love you," I said.

"I love you too baby," he said. "How was your day?"

I started telling him about the day. We just talked about random things from the day. I smiled at the conversation as I laid on the bed.

"So, have you made a decision yet?" Jax asked.

"My decision has been made," I said. "I just want to talk to my dad so I'm going to go see him tomorrow while Neeta is with Abel."

"Sounds promising," he said.

"Guess it depends on what Otto has to say about all of this," I said.

"Does he know you're my old lady?" Jax asked.

"I assume so," I said. "Mom never said whether she explicitly told him or not."

"I hope he doesn't sway you baby," he said.

"He won't," I said.

"Okay," Jax said. "Look I have to go. You should get some sleep."

"I love you babe," I said.

"I love you too," he replied before we both hung up. I headed to bed and slept for a while before Abel's crying woke me up. I headed to his room to tend to him and sound up falling asleep in the rocking chair. He woke me up again about 7:00 am so I got up and took him to the kitchen, getting us each some breakfast before Neeta got here.

"Well good morning," Neeta said as she walked in.

"Good morning," I said.

"How's the boy?" She asked, smiling at Abel as he babbled a bit.

"He's good," I said.

"And you, Miss Alex?" She asked.

"Great, well except that I fell asleep in the rocking chair so I'm a bit stiff," I said, shrugging it off. "But I'll live."

"What's on the agenda today?" She asked.

"I have to go in to work this morning and then after lunch I'm going to visit my father," I said. "But I should be home by dinner time."

"And Mr. Jax?" She asked.

"He's on a charity run donating blood with the club," I said. She nodded a little as Abel started to fuss.

"I've got him. Go get ready," she said.

"Thank you," I said and headed down the hall to shower. I showered as quickly as I could before getting dressed in jeans and a black vneck tshirt. I applied some makeup before deciding to clip half my hair back and let it dry naturally.

I walked down the hallway, heels and purse in hand, and Neeta was singing to Abel.

"Alright," I said, stopping in the doorway to put my shoes on. "I'm heading out."

"Have a nice day," Neeta said.

"Thanks. You too," I said as I walked over to Abel. I kissed his head and whispered that I loved him before leaving to head to my mother's studio.

The morning passed quickly, Thank Heavens. I really don't know how much longer I can work here, but for now it's all I've got. Charming is small and there are very few business that need someone with a business degree on their payroll. I've thought about asking Gemma if she needs help in the TM office just to get out of Caracara, but I'm not that desperate yet.

Don't get me wrong, I love my mom and working with her, but the porn business isn't my forte. I'd be way better off helping her run a strip club or something.