Chapter 29

"Hey man," Opie said, opening the door.

"Hey," Jax said.

"How ya feeling?" Opie asked, looking at me as Jax took the car keys from him and handed him the keys to his bike.

"Better. Definitely ready to get out of here," I said.

"You, Jax, the prospects," Opie said.

"You haven't let them leave yet?" I asked, looking at Jax.

"I needed to know you would be safe Alex," Jax said.

"Babe," I said.

"That's why we have prospects. And for the record Alex, Jax only tails those he really loves," Opie said.

I knew that was true. Jax had me tailed for a while before and I was sure it would happen again now. I know that I wasn't his first old lady, but I was the first that he had tailed.

"Let them leave, please," I said.

"Just as soon as we're out of here," Jax said.

Opie left and within a few minutes the doctor was coming in to clear me to leave. I signed the paperwork and the doctor left to file it.

"Babe, my clothes," I said he nodded and handed them to me before motioning for me to wait a second. He opened the door and I heard him saying something to the prospects but I couldn't hear the words.

"What was that?" I asked.

"I told them you were getting dressed so no one was to come in," he said. I nodded a little and stood up. I struggled for a second to get my joggers on before Jax rushed to my side to help me.

I slid out of the gown and finished getting dressed. I sat back down on the bed and Jax put some socks and my sneakers on my feet.

"Thanks babe," I said as he stood up. He paused long enough to kiss my lips before he had to go tell the prospects that I was dressed. Jax returned to the bed and sat down beside me.

"Ready to get out of here?" He asked

I nodded a little and the doctor returned before too long with the news that I was cleared to go home but I needed to take it easy for a few days.

We left, Jax's arm never leaving my waist as we walked out to the car. I stood with Jax as he talked to the prospects about following us back to the house.

"Let's go get our son," Jax said, helping me into the car. He drove to Gemma's and I sat in the car while he ran inside to get Abel.

Jax was busy talking away to the baby as he babbled a bit. Abel was not in the slightest impressed with his car seat until I turned a little and started to talk to him.

"Hey buddy. Wanna go home and watch some movies and cuddle?"

He sniffled a bit from his fighting about being in his car seat, but calmed down and quit crying. Jax was climbing back into the driver's seat as I talked to Abel a bit more. Jax placed his hand on my thigh as he started the drive home.

"He loves you."

"Let's hope he always listens to me like that," I said.

"How're ya holding up?" He asked lowly after a bit of silence.

"Good," I said. "Better knowing the baby is safe."

"He's fine baby," Jax said. "All because of you."

"I know," I said softly.

When we arrived home, Jax grabbed Abel's car seat in one hand and wrapped the other around my waist. We walked into the house and I instantly took a seat on the couch as Jax took Abel from his car seat and brought him over to the couch.