Chapter 3

"What are ya thinking about darling?" Jax asked as he walked out of Abel's room.

"Nothing," I said.

"I know you too good for that," he said, slinging his arm across my shoulders.

"Uh huh," I said, rolling my eyes at him. "When was the last time I saw you somewhere where we actually talked and weren't trying to kill one another?"

"Opie's wedding?" He joked. I shoved him slightly as we walked out of the hospital and into the parking lot.

"You better go straight to the fundraiser. I don't need Gemma kicking my ass today," I said.

"I need to make a quick pit stop at the clubhouse. Just follow me and it can be our little secret," he said with a wink.

"We already have one too many of those Teller," I said.

"Come on," he said, taking my hand in his and kissing the back of it.

"Stop trying to charm me and get your damn bike. I'll follow you," I said. He chuckled before running off to his bike. I got in my car and started it as he pulled up in front of me. I nodded a little and he drove off causing me to follow him.

When he pulled up to the garage, I parked near the street and walked towards him.

"You coming in?" He asked.

"Depends on how long we'll be here," I said.

"Ten minutes, tops," he said. I nodded and headed inside with him.

"How's your dad doing?" Jax asked as we walked into the clubhouse.

"Good as far as I know," I said. "It's been a while since I've seen him."

"Why's that?"

"Mom and I try to keep our business outside our problem and every time I plan to go see him something comes up at the studio so I let mom go and I handle it."

"He doesn't know about Caracara?" Jax asked as he unlocked a door.

"He doesn't know about my involvement," I said, leaning in the doorway.

"Didn't you go to college for this shit?"

"I went to college for business, yeah," I said. "Legit ones. But that degree is pretty helpful in the underground too."

Jax just chuckled at me as he slid out of his kutte so he could change his shirt. Porn wasn't necessarily an underground business but there was definitely a different set of rules in our world.

"You want some privacy?"

"I think you've seen me naked before," he said.

"We were cross faded buddy. I don't remember much of it," I said.

"All you need to know doll is that I'm still packing," he said.

I rolled my eyes at him. "If you'd like to keep that up maybe hurry up so Gemma doesn't cut your dick off."

"Alright, alright, geez," he said. He unzipped his pants and luckily my phone started to ring. I walked down the hall a few steps before answering it.

"Hello," I said.

"Where are you?" My mother's voice asked angrily through the phone.

"At the clubhouse with Jax. He wanted to change his clothes," I said. "I've been trying to get him to hurry up."

"Gemma is about ready to kill you two," my mom said.

"Tell her to start riding his ass then cause he won't listen to me," I said. Jax was now fully changed and locking his door.

"We're heading out ma. We'll be there in a bit," I said. She grumbled an agreement and I hung up.

"For the record, I don't listen to my mom either," Jax said.

"Eavesdropping still," I said.

"Gotta be observant in my line of work," he said.

"Yeah being a grease monkey is so dangerous," I said sarcastically.

"You ever worked with Half Sack?"

"Nope and I don't plan to," I said as we walked out of the clubhouse.

"Dangerous gig," he said jokingly.

"We should probably head out for the fundraiser before Gemma decides to beat the shit outta us," I said. He chuckled a little but we split up and headed to the fundraiser.

I didn't really get to spend much time enjoying the fundraiser because Gemma kept finding shit for me to do. Especially after the MC left for something.

"Go check on Opie," Gemma said as the band was setting up.

I headed off towards where Opie was setting up fireworks and he was almost ready from the looks of things.

"Hey Opie. Gemma wanted me to check on you," I said as I walked up.

"I see she still has you running after Jax and I," he chuckled.

"Only recently," I said. While Opie had been in jail and Jax was married, my days of running after the two of them ended, apparently only temporarily.

"Yeah I'm about set up," he said as Donna and the kids ran over.

"I'll let you be," I said. He nodded a little as they reached him and I headed back to Gemma and my mom.