Chapter 11

The next morning, Jax and I were up about 8:00 am. He headed to the bedroom and changed his clothes before informing Wendy that he was leaving.

"Let's go," he said, taking my hand and leading me out to his bike. He drove us down to my house and I got off.

"Wanna go to Opie's together?" I asked. He only nodded.

"Okay give me a minute to change and I'll be out," I said. I headed inside and went directly to my room. I changed into some clean jeans and a sweatshirt. I headed down to the kitchen and quickly made two cups of coffee to go. I headed out to where Jax was waiting with his bike now turned off. He was smoking and staring at the ground.

"Here," I said, offering up the cup of coffee.

"Thanks," he said. "Look, I know we agreed to getting dinner soon and figuring this out, but I don't know if I can do that. I want you Alex. I have for a while. I know my divorce isn't final and my ex wants to get back together but I don't want her."

I placed my hand on his bicep and he looked up at me as he tossed his cigarette on the ground and put it out.

"Jax, I get it because you're the one I want to be with too. I totally understood. But, is now the time to do this? With everything going on?"

He seemed frustrated in my response, but leaned over and kissed me gently.

"Does that feel like now isn't the right time?" He asked lowly.

"Not really," I said. "So what do you propose we do?"

"We can make this official between us and keep it DL til things settle down. I won't hide it but it doesn't have to be publicized front page either."

"So that makes me the girlfriend of the one and only Jackson Teller," I said, smiling up at him as he chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"And me the boyfriend of the one and only Alexandra Delaney."

I hugged him with one arm and leaned my head on his chest. He wrapped his free arm around me and kissed the top of my head. We stayed there for a few seconds, just enjoying this moment.

"We should probably go see Opie," I said.

"Wanna go together?" He asked. I nodded and he took my car keys.

"Kinda difficult to ride and hold a cup of coffee," he said. I nodded a bit and shot my mother a text that Jax and I took the car to go see Opie. She'd probably sleep for a while anyways. I figured she'd had a rough night after Chibs got her home. She doesn't like being alone at night too much anymore and I can't say I blame her.

Jax and I got into my car and he pulled out, heading straight for Opie's. The entire ride was silent. We didn't know what to expect when we showed up but we were sure it was going to be a rough little while.

He pulled up and parked the car and we headed inside. Mary, Opie's mother, was standing in the kitchen staring out the back window.

"Mary," Jax said, gaining her attention after a second.

"Jax, Alex," she said softly. "I'm so glad he still has you two."

"Of course Mary, if there's anything we can do for you, him, the kids, let us know," I said. She nodded a bit and started to tear up so Jax pulled her into a hug.

"He's outback with the kids," she said after a second. Jax nodded and looked at me.

"I'll be out in a second," I said. He turned and headed out.

"Mary, is there anything I can do?" I asked.

"Just be there for my son and grandkids," she said.

I nodded and grabbed a piece of paper from the fridge. It used to contain grocery lists, now it was just a blank pad of paper. I scribbled my name and phone number down and handed it to her.

"In case there's anything I can do," I said.