Chapter 56

The following morning, I got dressed and ready for the day as Jax slept in a bit. I wanted to stay in bed with him but Josh and I were headed up to see Dad this morning. Then I needed to figure out my business plan. A strip club near Charming would be a good idea, but there were so many things to figure out.

"Jax I'm headed out. Neeta's here with Abel."

I kissed his head. He groaned a little and wiped his eyes.

"Morning baby. I love you."

"I love you too Jax. Be safe today."

"You too," he said before pulling me into a kiss. I smiled and headed out. I said goodbye to Neeta and drove out to Mom's old house. Josh was waiting on the porch when I got there.

"Morning sis," he said as he walked down to the car.

"Morning Josh," I said. He got in the front seat and I headed out of the driveway.

I explained how this was going to go down to Josh. He listened. As a marine I figured he wouldn't have too much issue with the prison system set up.

Once we got there, we didn't have any issues getting in and being taken back to the visitation room.

"Alex, Josh," Dad said as we sat down.

"Dad," I said. He looked completely heartbroken.

"I know kiddo," he said. "But I'm glad you are both here."

"Me too Dad," Josh said. The two started talking, setting aside their differences pretty quickly.

"How was the service?"

I glanced over at Josh.

"Went well Dad," Josh said.

"Club was out in full support," I said.

"Yeah, I expect no less."

"Dad, I have a question about the club," Josh said.

"Do you two want a minute alone?" I asked.

"No, I want you to hear this too."

I nodded at Josh and he took a deep breath.

"Tig offered to sponsor me. Wants me to prospect in."

"They've kind of hit it off," I said. Dad nodded a little.

"I want to prospect. I just wanted to talk to you both first."

"I thought you hated the club?"

"I did." He sighed a little. "But I talked to Tig. I need a place and Charming is it. Let's face it. I'm always going to be Big Otto's son, and honestly I miss being on a bike."

I looked over at Dad. His shoulders were sagged forward a bit. He wanted this for Josh for as long as any of us could remember. Suddenly though he didn't seem as impressed.

"I told Alex I didn't want her involved with this shit and now you come in here talking about prospecting?"

"Yes Dad. I've made up my mind. I'm doing this."

He stood up and I knew Josh and I were leaving.

"I love you Dad," I said.

"I love you too Alex," he said.

Josh and I left and we stopped for lunch at a diner. I was hungry and we needed to talk about this. Josh just dropped this bombshell on me and I needed to hear all about why.

Once lunch was finished and I now understood why he was prospecting, we headed back to the lot. Josh was ready to talk to the guys about prospecting and I wanted to see my old man. Maybe he'd have some input from the club about my business proposition.