Christmas Break

**Request for tessalucy where Peter Stark and his family spend Christmas break on the Barton farm. Cue Cooper and Peter becoming best friends and a pep talk from Clint. Oh, side note, the new book is up! Enjoy!**

The plane ride wasn't long, but Peter was already cycling back through his playlist unhappily. He was searching for something he felt. He would know it when he heard it, but for now, he was just going through his massive collection to find something good.

"Still looking for the right song?"

Peter glanced up at his dad. Tony had never made him feel bad for his little quirks, something Peter was incredibly grateful for, especially now he was in high school.

"I thought I had found something, but..." Peter looked back down at his phone and yanked out his earbuds. "I'll just try something else. Want to watch a movie?"

The two settled into their seats, Peter moving over to be a little closer, and Tony brought up the movies on the screen installed in the plane. There was over a hundred different options, including the-

"Is that the new James Bond movie?" Peter asked excitedly. "It's supposed to come out next month, how did you even get this?"

Tony chuckled. "I'm Tony Stark, bambino."

Peter queued up the movie and pulled a plush blanket from the overhead compartment and leaned into Tony's side - the older man put his arm around his son and put a soft kiss to his temple.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as Peter and Tony pulled into the carport outside the main farm house, Cooper was out of the front door and shouting for Peter. Peter hopped out of the car himself and grabbed Cooper's shoulder just before the other teen bowled him over. The two teens hugged and laughed hard as they greeted one another. Tony just rolled his eyes and pulled his and Peter's bags from the trunk of the car. Clint was leaning against the door frame with a smirk on his face.

"Those two are going to be a serious handful."

Tony laughed. "Yeah, they are. Pepper sends her love, but she got called away on emergency business over seas. She's going to fly in the day after Christmas."

Clint waved his hand dismissively. "No worries."

Clint and Tony got the bags inside and left Peter and Cooper to their devices. Cooper was already ranting about the hot tub Laura and Clint had put in that month, and Peter was filling Cooper in on all of the projects Peter had been working on at the Tower - his most recent endeavor was creating a working communicator badge, like the ones in Star Trek.

"-obviously, but I think after the whole lightsaber incident, Dad was never going to let me do a Star Wars project again."

Cooper laughed. "Want to go put on swim trunks and we can go in the hot tub?"

"Hot tub? It's 20 degrees out."

"You've never had fun until you take in a snow storm in a hot tub."

Peter sighed, but Cooper's face was hard and set. There was no arguing this, and Peter knew better than to try. He just hung his head and went to change into his trunks. He knew that he would have to wear a tee-shirt over it, though, if he didn't want everyone there to start questioning things.

"You'll have to take that off." Cooper's words stopped Peter in his tracks. "If it gets wet and you sit up, it'll freeze and you'll get ice burn. I learned that the hard way."

Peter pursed his lips. "I don't- I don't think- maybe it would be better if we- if we didn't go in."

"What? No, come on!" Cooper took a running start and hopped over the edge of the hot tub, landing in it with a splash. "It's fun!"