MoF Day 15: K.K. Frenzy

**Y'all my parents are obsessed with Animal Crossing and we play together and it's super fun, so I came up with this idea and yeah. It sorta wrote itself. It's a little short, though, and the ending could have been stronger, but... **shrug** Enjoy!**

Peter's eyes were glued to his Switch as he padded around the kitchen, pouring himself a glass of juice and making Top Ramen noodles.

"Whatcha doing?" Clint asked, watching from the other side of the room. He'd been curious about Peter's little game for a while now, seeing as it was pretty much the only thing Peter did every day.

"Playing," Peter answered simply, his eyes never leaving the game. There was a couple seconds where Peter's whole body tensed up, but then he hit a button and jumped a little and exclaimed "yes!"

"What are you playing? You're all jumpy and excited."

Peter looked up at Clint, pulling his game down from his face.

"It's Animal Crossing." Peter held up the game, gesturing for Clint to come and look. "See, you get to make a character, and then you run around this island and pay for a house and furniture and stuff."

"Where do you get the money?" Clint asked, watching Peter's little character run around.

"You can sell things at the store like fish and bugs that you catch, or like, furniture you get and don't want or whatever. I'm already on my last upgrade on my house, but the loan was over 2 million Bells, so I have a lot of fishing to do." Peter laughed, like 2 million Bells were nothing, but Clint, who had no idea how easy it was to make Bells, gasped a little.

"2 million?"

Peter nodded. "Oh, and here's some of my neighbors. You get these other animals who live on the island with you, so like, here's this big eagle guy named Apollo, and I have a kangaroo named Sylvia, and here's a hamster called Apple. I have some more, but they're probably somewhere else right now."

Clint watched as Peter gave the eagle a little tee-shirt, and watched as the eagle returned a little leaf thing to Peter.

"What was that? The leaf he just gave you."

Peter opened up a new window in the game, and judging by what was in it, Clint assumed it was inventory. The teen scrolled over to the leaf Apollo had given him.  "It's a couch. So now..."

Peter trailed off, running back towards his house. When he got there, he put the couch out for Clint to see. "I can put it in my house like this. This couch is kinda weird though, it doesn't fit this room at all." Peter picked the couch back up and moved it to storage, just in case he ever decided to redo the main room and change the color scheme.

"How... How can I play, too?" Clint asked, watching as Peter went back outside his house and immediately caught a butterfly that was perched on the flowers he planted in his yard.

"Oh, well we could share this one if you want, like you could make a character on my island, or you could get a Switch of your own and play on your own island."

Clint nodded, pulling out his phone. "Do you think Best Buy does same day delivery, or am I gonna have to go and pick it up?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word traveled fast in the Tower, and pretty soon, the whole team was playing. Peter was way farther than everyone else, which only made sense given his head start, but Natasha and Pepper were hot on his heels by the third day.

Thor was too busy collecting bugs and making Blathers tell him fun facts to even make Bells, and Wanda and Sam were busy collecting specific furniture collections, leaving the majority of their house empty until they had just the right thing. Tony was making hundreds of thousands of Bells a day, but he mostly spent them on furniture and clothes, which he sent to either Peter or Pepper. Steve and Bucky opted to share a console, and had a lot of fights over whose turn it was to play and who was paying for whatever island improvements they were working on ("The bridge was your idea, Stevie, you can find the 50 grand to pay for it!).

Peter liked playing with everyone, though. When he finally caught the coalacanth, the rarest fish in the game, he had texted everyone a picture. Of course, Tony nearly fell down a flight of stairs running to see it in person, but what's a sprained ankle in the world of Animal Crossing?

"I made you something, honey," Pepper remarked one day, while visiting Peter's island. Here." She put out a sweater, clearly something she had designed herself. It was striped red and blue, and Peter immediately put it on.

"I love it!" He gave Pepper a crushing hug.

"Well, I can't knit in real life, so this will have to do." Pepper sheepishly returned the hug, placing a kiss on Peter's forehead.

"It's perfect."

"Peter!" Thor said, running into the room. "Peter! I have all of the K.K. albums! Peter, come look at my jukebox, it is so full!"

Peter laughed. "Did you get the secret songs, too?"

"There are secret songs?" several voices shouted from various rooms in the penthouse. Peter could help his chuckle.