Charmed

**Halloween chapter 3! We're only 14 days out now, I am almost dying guys. This week's hint for the Spooktacular is... Wade Wilson makes an appearance, but not the Wade we know from the movies. He's young, charismatic, cute, and... Any guesses yet? Anyways, this one was interesting, I liked the idea of Peter and Liz having a really dysfunctional relationship and Loki saves the day. Enjoy!**

It was easy enough to work - a few charred bones, some Yarrow, blood - and it was done. Now all she needed was to put it in Peter's backpack. If she could get him alone at school, or even just get the bag when he was in the bathroom or something, she could slip it in along side his books and the papers.

The halls at school were crowded, making for a perfect opportunity. Liz watched the front doors from behind a corner. She knew Peter's bus got to Midtown right before the bell rang - he was always running to his locker because of it - so it would be just about any moment now.

There.

Peter was ducking between people, running as fast as he could without bumping into anyone. Liz raced after him, careful to not hit anyone as she raced after Peter. He turned down the hall to his locker, but Liz barely slowed down. She didn't even stop before she crashed into Peter.

"Oh!" she said, faking her surprise as she tumbled over him.

"Liz," Peter said, surprise etched over his face. He grabbed her by the elbows and steadied her, careful to get her back on her feet. "Sorry, I didn't- uh - I didn't see you-"

"It was my fault," Liz said, running her own hand down Peter's arm and to his backpack strap to right it on his shoulder. "I didn't mean to hit you."

A lie.

"That's okay," Peter assured. "I don't mind."

"You must have a sweet spot for me, then," Liz teased.

A truth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter wandered through the penthouse, his eyes foggy. He'd been like this for three days now, and while the rest of the team was content to write it off as Peter being a love-stuck teen, Loki was starting to get suspicious.

"Hello, Peter, how are you this morning?" The trickster God was seated at the kitchen island in one of the bar stools. When Peter didn't respond right away, Loki snapped his fingers a few times to get his attention. Peter looked up, but his eyes seemed to look past Loki, like he wasn't even registering what he was seeing.

"How are you?" Loki repeated.

"I'm so good, Loki," Peter said dreamily. His hands found the island and he leaned on it, swaying between his feet. "I have a date with Liz today."

"Third one this week, right?"

Peter nodded, then plopped his chin down into his palm. "I love her, Loki."

"That's a little extreme for three dates, young one. Do you not think that something may be wrong?"

Peter shook his head, but Loki could see something awakening behind the foggy gaze. It might have been nothing, or maybe it was Peter becoming aware, so Loki took a leap of faith and pushed harder.

"I think something is very wrong. This Liz girl seems like bad news, and personally, I would-" Loki was cut off by Peter leaping over the island and pulling the God off his stool. Loki's coffee splattered everywhere, but Peter didn't even respond to the hot liquid. Instead he put firm and steady hands on Loki's shoulders - a little too close to the neck to be comfortable - and held the God down into the floor.