Death comes with life

Blood.

Blood blood bloodbloodbloodbloodblood.

Błøøđ

He was stuck.

Levi couldn't move, one of the best soldiers to exist... and he couldn't move. He couldn't breathe. He couldn't stop the tears from flowing.

He couldn't do a damm thing.

He was ashamed, he was hurt, he was... vulnerable.

So was Sasuke, they both were.

So... Young, weak, and too helpless to stop the massacre that occurred before their very eyes.

Sasuke had chosen to have a vice grip on his mothers corpse.

Levi, on the ground trembled like a leaf in a storm as he watched a friend.. a trusted friend, murder hundreds of innocent adults, Shinobi, mothers, fathers, brothers, newborns, children... people.

It was horrifying, he had seen death before, even mass death like this... but Titans weren't 13 year old boys. Titans were monsters, Itachi... was a friend.

And his betrayal hurt. It hurt much more than watching his new parents deaths, more than living on his own, more than the thought of not being able to go home...

Because Itachi had killed his brother in all but blood, had killed the first person to crack his thick walls that even Titans couldn't crack, had killed the first person in this village he had come to care for.

Itachi had killed, Shisui... and he would never forgive, or forget that.

Levi couldn't stop shaking, his sight was completely out of focus, and his hearing muffled with a piercing ring, and his speedy heart beat, all he could see where bodies and blood.

He didn't even acknowledge the fact that he had been picked up and was now being carried away from the scene.

This was horrifying, absolutely mortifying, but why! He's seen death, he's seen his teammates get chomped, he's seen kids, get swallowed whole, he's seen his whole team get massacred by a transforming Titan.

Yet this shocks him enough for even a few stray tears to be released, but he didn't make a single sound, and if the Silver haired ANBU that was carrying the boy didn't know any better, he could easily say that he was holding a statue.

Itachi, it's the only thing about this situation that feels...so wrong.

He saw the way Shisui and Itachi interacted, it wasn't too far off from how he and Erwin would act when alone.

He could very easily tell that the two boys were the best of friends, that if one were to kill, the other would help hide the body....

So why... why??!.. Why!!??

Nothing makes sense, Itachi was the biggest Pacifist a guy could get to know, even against enemy Shinobi, if you weren't threatening his brother, then there was a good chance you would walk away alive.

Itachi was a simple fighter, if he doesn't have to kill you, he'll throw you into an illusion and drain your energy, leaving you defenseless... but alive.

He always saught out the non violent approach ( as hard as that is being a Ninja) and tried his best to stay away from unnecessary fights...

So why the fuck did he take on the WHOLE Uchiha clan.

To test his strength? Bullshit, every idiot with some sort of common sense, would easily tell you that you don't kill kids to test your strength.

Seriously, what strength are you testing by killing someone you know is weaker than you! How the actual hell does killing newborns test your strength!!

That had to have been the biggest load of shit Levi had ever, ever! Heard in both of his lives! And he heard a lot of stupidity working with Eren.

Nothing made sense, there were peices to the puzzle that were missing, and Levi hated, being left in the dark, just as much as he hated filth.

Speaking of filth he was somewhat happy to no longer be covered in the blood of the Uchiha clan... at least Titan blood evaporated after a while... Human blood doesn't.

After his internal rant, Levi had taken a deep breath, his vision cleared up and the aggravating ringing stopped, he was finally able to acknowledge that he was in the hospital.

He didn't know how he got there, and if he was being really honest with himself, he didn't actually care either.

He wanted some tea to calm his nerves, his swords to stab something, and a dirty place to clean so he could take his mind off of what was left.

"Great, the nightmares will be a treat" He sighed to himself.

He had only recently stopped seeing the flashes of his new parents bodies, nearing the end of the previous year.

So he assumed it would take another 6 years to get over the flashes he'll probably see from here on out.

"Levi?" A drained voice croaked, it was clearly in desperate need of water, and maybe some food.

Levi looked over to the bed next to his and stared into a pair of Starless black orbs, the dark skin beneath them giving the clear indication that he did not sleep well.

"What brat" Levi muttered, he wasn't looking much better, god would he kill for some tea.

"T-that wasn't r-real right... right? Itachi didn't a-actually kill everyone, right?! *sniff*, m-my, family is still a-a-alive, *sob* R-Ri-Right!"Sasuke sobbed, Levi could easily hear him practically begging, Levi to tell him it was just one big dream.

But Levi could never do that, he could never give someone that false hope they desire so desperately.

Sasuke had somehow got over to Levi's bed and was sitting on the side crying looking at him for some kind of advice.

So for once...

Just once...

Levi opened his arms, and allowed the desperate boy to hug his anguish out.

Sasuke dived into his arms and let out the most heart wrenching Scream that he had heard ever.

Nothing was said... nothing needed to be said.

Levi just let him cry it all out, instead he mentally prepared himself, because when things like this happen after the fear has left, after they've been given the chance to let out the cries of despair.... comes the anger that could topple thousands of strong men.

And from the betrayal Sasuke just went through, there was no doubt in his mind, ( especially after dealing with Eren) that Sasuke would want Revenge.

And for all the shit Itachi just put him through he had half a mind to agree with him. But he wouldn't, he couldn't, revenge is never the answer.

As much as he would have loved to have shredded Annie to bits for killing his team, he didn't actively decide to dedicate his life to killing her.

Other people needed him to continue to be the strong pillar he always was, so as a favour fo Shisui... the only favour to Shisui, Levi would watch over Sasuke, and hope to lead him down the correct path.

One where his ever day life wouldn't be filled with nightmares that could make even a fully grown man cry.

Because that's what anyone deserved... even him... right?