Short: Sakura's Mindset

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚜𝚎𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚍

Sakura doesn't remember where she had read that quote. Probably in one of the many books she had learned to love in her loneliness. It was a quote that spoke to her on multiple levels, a quote that allowed her to see that she was more like her mother than anyone else because her mother raised her.

Her mindset was not her own... it was her mothers.

It was a scary though but that didn't change the facts. The fact was her mother had shaped her, not to be the perfect Shinobi. Instead to be her perfect daughter.

"Sakura a lady must not be fat so stop eating so much"

"Sakura a man does not want a lady who does not look her best!"

"Sakura a lady does not fight, she gets the men to fight for her"

"Sakura a kunoichi doesn't focus on power that's a mans job"

"Sakura you need to loose weight"

"Sakura look at you, put on more makeup"

"Sakura-"

"Sakura-"

"Sakura-"

The more she spoke the more it felt like Sakura was being brainwashed. Shinobi train to defend, but a lady let's the men do the heavy work. A Shinobi doesn't focus on how they look as long as they can fight, but a lady must not let themselves become fat or overweight.

This... was the mindset of Sakura Haruno.

It was one drilled into her, one she was forced to learn, one she didn't want nor need but had... it was one she couldn't change.

This was something Sakura had discovered, at the tender age of 5. Right before she entered the academy.

She didn't want to be a puppet. She was only five but all Sakura knew, was that she didn't want to be controlled her whole life. If she was being honest she didn't even want to be a Ninja.

No, Sakura wanted to be a Librarian, or a writer. Yeah a writer seemed better, she could travel, have her own stories and exaggerate them for those who couldn't leave their villages... but it never mattered to her mother about what Sakura wanted. Her mother wanted Sakura to be a Shinobi... so a Shinobi is what she had to become.

It wasn't out of goodwill, or for the need to defend her village. It wasn't because she wanted to become a Jonin or the Hokage, nor was it because she enjoyed the thrill of the fight.

She was becoming a Shinobi because that's what her mother wanted. She was wrapped tight in the chains of her mothers ideals and there was no key that could release her, it was something Sakura had to do on her own... but she was much to scared to do so.

She was only a civilian after all, what could she do against the tight, harsh grasps of her mother. Her father had long since learned to never interfere, after all... her mother was really the one in control. Sakura had no choice with anything she did.