Pt3: Chunin Exams

Anger.

It wasn't a new emotion to Levi, but it was one that had been amplified. He was so angry at everything. The constant bird noises, the constant questioning from Iruka and Kakashi, and the non-stop shuffling from behind him.

"What!?" He spat out, he turned so suddenly that it made the culprit flinch. Taking a deep breath Levi analysed who was behind the noise and saw Hinata who was standing holding a basket. She was shaking slightly and Levi wanted to hit himself.

"S-sorry Levi... I-I just thought y-you might want something t-to eat," Hinata stated, holding out the basket. The two were on top of the tower watching the darkness of the forest.

"Tch, do whatever you want," Levi said looking back out at the forest. His anger had calmed slightly in the presence of the shy Hyuga, that didn't mean that it wasn't still there bubbling and growing beneath the surface. In a way, he was glad he still had 3 days before the second test ended.

Hinata held out a sandwich and Levi took it and bit into it. He continued to glare silently out at the trees even after Naruto and Sasuke decided to join them on the roof.

"Levi, how long are you gonna pout! I'm hungry and you're the best chief next to old man Teuchi, believe it!" Naruto yelled out. He knew Levi was angry and from the shot version that Levi gave him, he knew he was angry at the Hokage.

It's not like Naruto didn't understand. Sometimes when Naruto was in his old apartment he would sit and wonder if the Hokage really cared about him. The apartment he got was appalling, he got an allowance every month sure, but he could never buy anything since everything was overpriced for him. Even after telling gramps about it the villagers only seemed to increase the price.

Naruto wasn't stupid. Without Levi and Sasuke, Naruto wasn't sure he would have even made it this far. Sasuke was the last Uchiha, he could walk into any store and they would give him a discount with no hesitation. Levi was scary, they charged him at the normal prices if they knew what was good for them.

He was glad they were his new brothers and he would do anything for them, This was at least one thing all three boys could agree on. Their brothers came first.

"Shut up Dobe, I want Something other than Soup or Ramen" Sasuke announced.

"Don't lie to me Teme, I know you're just tryna suck up to Levi!" Naruto yelled.

Levi chose to ignore the two boys fighting behind him. Hinata decided to inch a little further away from the fighting boys and looked at Levi.

"U-umm, Levi... I-I caught on s-slightly, and I w-wanted to tell y-you, that meditation c-can allow you t-to enter your m-mindscape. T-that might bring you p-peace of mind." Hinata advised before standing up and heading back into the tower.

Levi let her words echo through his head. She had a point, if the Yamanaka could enter his mind he could see no reason as to why he couldn't enter his own mind. That however would have to come at a later date, he was much too worked up to even think of meditating at this point.

No. Instead Levi came up with another thought, one that he voiced out loud to his brothers.

"I need to get into the Hokage's office," Levi stated.

Naruto and Sasuke stopped fighting, which was good for them as they were about to roll off the roof. They both sat up and looked at Levi who turned around and looked at them both. To them, his face seemed to rest in a permanent scowl, even though they knew he was in a lot of pain.

Naruto and Sasuke looked at each other before nodding silently and looking back at Levi.

"Alright then, how do we do it?" Naruto spoke up first.