The Bridge Battle

Dear Levi,

I didn't want you to know this before as I hadn't fully trusted you at the time. If I'm being honest I still don't.

You could betray me at any time.

However I do believe that it is important for you to know this due to the Chunin exams coming up soon.

I have another person that you could class as a friend. She is quite annoying and is the human incarnate of fearless. But she is a friend.

I won't tell you her name as you will meet her when we come to your village . Just be prepared she asks a lot of questions. But she means no harm....

Well usually.

I'll be seeing you at he exams. Good luck.

~Gaara

Levi stared at the letter from the top of the tree he was in. He and the boys reached the top not too long ago. He looked up at the night sky and silently admired the bright glow of the moon.

He was at peace, but for some weird reason that description of Gaara's friend reminded him of someone. He doesn't remeber who, though it was probably someone from his past.

The more he thought about it, the more his head hurt. In the end he just shook off the curiosity. They were probably just another brat anyway.

"Oiii! Levi!"

Levi snapped out of his thoughts and glanced down at the two boys who had also finished their training. Although they had to lean on eachother for support.

"Hn"

Levi rolled his eyes at that and proceeded to hop down to the ground. When he landed he looked at the two of them.

"Tch, let's go. It's getting late and we haven't eaten yet." He stated walking ahead of the two. Levi also needed a desperate shower, and so did the boys if they had planned to continue sharing their room.

After walking inside and sitting at the table, the group ate in silence. Levi was sure Inari would have said something had Levi not terrified the boy a few days prior.

Sakura still thought he was too harsh, but Levi knew she just didn't understand.

"I still think you should leave" Inari spoke up. Levi would never admit it, but a small smirk rested on his face.

The kid still had some bravery left it would seem. Well he would crush that with ease but he wanted to see just how far the kid would take this. After all, it's his life they were protecting alongside Tazuna.

"Eh!?"Naruto shot up at the remark. Ah right, he had left last time.

"Hn" Sasuke grunted before giving a hefty sigh. This time he didn't want to be involved. Sasuke simply put his plat in the sink and walked upstairs to have a shower before bed.

"Sasuke?" Sakura whispered as the boy walked out of the room.

"Tch, not again" Levi grunted. Don't get him wrong, he wanted to hear what the brat would come up with this time but that doesn't mean he has to be happy about it.

"You guy won't listen! You're wasting your time here! There are no such things as heroes so just leave already!" Inari yelled. Tsunami attempted to calm the boy but it had no affect.

It was at this point that Naruto had enough.

"Ahh, keep whining. I know I am a hero! And I'm not leaving until I complete this mission because I never go back on my word!" Naruto yelled back.