Loss of a Pillar

Weeks had flown by. With Sakura as an official citizen, the village hospital was running better than the team hoped it could. They kept an ear out in case anyone of the watchers or Uzushio lookouts spotted an Akatsuki member, but so far. Nothing. With Naruto in charge of keeping the village running, Levi in order of making sure there were no traitors and Sasuke in control of who comes into the village and who leaves, the trio had a good thing going.

Uzushiogakure was thriving.

All was well and the trio was safe and content on the island. Damage control was dealt with by the Anbu and their work was immediately reported to one of the three. They had a few citizens try and turn rouge on them... but it never ended well. Not when the whole village is filled with ex-nuke nin who have finally found a home.

Life was good. Life was peaceful...

...or at least... it should have been.

Naruto received a letter via messenger hawk. When he opened it he found it to be a pleasant surprise to hear from Tsunade, at first at least. The more he read, the further down the letter he got, and the deeper his frown became. There was a PS at the bottom that he didn't like... at all.

Ps. Read the spare note with Sasuke and Levi

"Someone fetch Levi and Sasuke please," He asked. Naruto was scared of what was in that note. He wouldn't and couldn't lie about that. For Tsunade to specify reading it with his brothers it had to have meant something bad. Right?

For once, for once! Naruto wanted it to be a prank. He silently prayed for it to be nothing major. Just once hoping that Kami would be on his side.

"What is it Dobe?" Sasuke asked rearing his head through the window. Levi walked through the door like the normal one of the two.

Naruto didn't answer, he held an odd look on his face before handing the note to Levi. If Levi gave a bad reaction, Naruto knew, he knew that it was bad.

Levi raised an eyebrow. He glanced over to Sasuke who only shook his head having no idea what the note was. Opening the letter, Levi's eyes skimmed across the words. He froze. The room went cold, very very cold. It was as if the whole world held its breath waiting for something, anything to come from Levi. But the man stood still, stiff and silent.

Until he finally spoke. Two words. Just two that had the three brothers in a devastated mood. Two words made Naruto tear up. Two words that had Sasuke put a hole in the wall. Two words had Levi crumbling the letter as if it was every being that had ever wronged him.

"Kakashi's Dead"

Sasuke was the first to respond. "Bullshit! Your lying! That message is a lie! A-a trick! Some ploy to get Naruto to reveal himself!" He yelled, the Uchiha paced back and forth gritting his teeth.

*Crack*

Naruto was gripping his desk with such strength that it cracked. His eyes were blood red as he raged." I wanna know how!" Naruto growled. He wanted to know how this could happen, he wanted to blow off some kind of steam because how dare they!? If someone had taken Kakashi's life! Then they would pay.

Sasuke jumped back in again. "I don't care how! There has to be something we can do. Seals! They're powerful right? Surely there is something we can do with them?" Sasuke asked. False hope in his heart.

"And what do you suggest Sasuke? We force Kakashi's soul back into his body? Condemn the man to hell on earth forever living when he cannot die!?" Levi demanded.

"WE CAN'T ACCEPT THIS!" Sasuke shouted.

"WE'RE NOT GODS!!!"

Silence filled the room.