Epilogue

*WARNING*

Some explicit details have been written. Read at your own mercy. 

*****

Jingle bells, jingle bells

Jingle all the waaaay

Oh, what fun it is to ride

In a one-horse open sleigh

Hey! jingle bells, jingle bells~

Winter is in the air. The merriness of the season is shown on every doorstep. Through smiles and laughter. 'Tis the season to be jolly indeed. Everybody is back at their hometowns, stuffing themselves with scrumptious food.

It's been nice reuniting with all my relatives. As nice as it is hectic with holidays concerning family members. And as happy as I am to spend the holidays catching up with all my family members' lives. I am not too eager to share mine.

Yes, there's the thing about me just starting a new chapter of my life, entering college. But other than that there's nothing much. Most of my cousins are already working adults, very well into their thirties. That's my dad's side of the family anyway.

My mom is from a smaller Chinese family. They don't celebrate Christmas, only Chinese New Year which is only two months from now. I can tell you they are one rowdy bunch.

Everybody's been asking about my relationship status and my parents have been dropping way too many hints about a boyfriend. I'd blush and try to avoid as much conversation as possible. They can get really nosy.

"What was his name again? Thomas? Tom, was it?" "Yes, that's the name! Look at her go red." "Ahh, young love~"

"Moooom! Dad! Can you not?", I mumble-yelled at them.

These kinds of things happen every year so one should get used to it, I guess. Sigh. I wonder how it's going on Tom's side. Is he having fun? Does he miss me? Gosh, I miss him. So much.

We haven't seen each other for weeks. Three weeks to be exact. We decided that we weren't ready to face the big family reunion yet. Maybe next year we will.

Plus, his family is from the far west. The wild, wild west he'd joked. I smiled a lopsided smile, thinking about him. I pulled out my phone, rereading the texts we sent. We'd text every day, telling each other about our day. I'd laugh and smile like a buffoon over it.

My relatives would tease me about it. Even more, now that they knew. Calls were a little more difficult with rowdy backgrounds on both sides. I'd still get nervous whenever we called. Butterflies fluttering my insides. I'd choke on some words, stuttering my way through it. He'd tease me about it but I could also hear the anxiousness in his voice. The nervousness that came along with our first few experiences still lingers occasionally.

Today's the day my parents and I go back to our apartment. We're going back a little earlier than we'd planned. I'm excited to go back to the gym again. Gotta burn off the calories from all the sinfully rich food we'd been having. Hmm, the pudding. Fruit cakes. Hot chocolate. Yum.

Tom definitely won't be back till the next semester starts. Sigh. I miss his touch so much.

***

It's 5 pm. My favourite time to workout. Glancing around, there's no one but me here. Nice. Just how I like it. I popped in my earbuds, playing an upbeat song before beginning with the treadmill. My leg muscles ripples as I run.

Today I'm going to concentrate on my abs. My core, my weakest point. After a few alternative sets, I started doing sit-ups. Glancing at my form in the mirror as I go. Smirking to myself, I thought of how Tom will react if he saw me now. My toned body in a sports bra and form-fitting leggings. My eyes flit to my phone in my bag at the corner.