Chapter 21

I recommend you guys to listen to this song as you read. It kinda sets the mood. *wink* *wink*

*****

*clack* *hiss*

"Ahhh, that's so nice." The sound of beer cans being opening and then consumed goes on all around me as we all started drinking.

Some hip hop music plays in the background from Tom's speaker, where he left it in the corner of the barbeque area. Meg's has good taste in songs so we usually let her hype up the place with her songs.

The night lends us with just the right amount of breeze and coolness to balance out with the heat from the barbeque pit. It was just perfect. Especially after all the pressure and chaos from school.

Plus the confusion with Tom. I just don't want to deal with it right now.

Nothing is better than getting hammered at the end of the day. Like what I'm trying to do now.

I want to forget everything and just relax.

At least for the weekend.

"HEY TOM! COULD YOU BRING ME THAT TRAY OVER THERE! THAAANKKKKS!!!!!" Josh shouted at Tom from the other side of the barbeque.

Lol, everyone's as rowdy as usual. Aight, I'll have to move my ass if I want to eat anytime soon.

Just as I took the butter to help Megan with buttering the chicken, a familiar voice says as he inserts himself between Megs and I, "Hey, Megs lemme help you with that. How much sauce ya want?"

Then he glances at me with a glint in his eyes. The quirk of his mouth twitches as he smirks at me.

What's he up to?

Megs looks up curiously from her chicken to Tom and exchanges a few glances with Tom. "You guys take over, I need to make sure that dumbo doesn't accidentally burn himself." Then, Megs grins and pats Tom on the side of his arm before going to the barbeque pit to help Josh.

Oh no, even Megs is in on it? I sneaked a peek at Tom as I started marinating the chicken.

To my surprise, I realize he's been staring at me this whole time. "Um, hey. Llet's get this done, sh..all we?" I tried to be calm but my voice broke at the last part.

I don't even need to look at him, I could just feel his smirk. Oh, he knows I'm still flustered from earlier but I didn't come to the lion's den unprepared. No, I have a plan. One that has been proven to work quite well.

I'm wearing a loose-fitting spaghetti strap tank top with denim shorts that is sure to show just enough skin without being too obvious. Well, he did ask me nicely, didn't he?

Plus, it's reasonable to wear this with the barbeque going on.

Let the tease begin again.

I moved closer to his side until our arms are brushing each other. "Hey, you missed a spot," I said as I brushed my fingers against his as I guided his brush to the side of the chicken where he supposedly missed.

My body is turned to face his in a way that if I leaned in close enough, I'd be brushing my front against his arm.

"As I recall, you like the breasts buttered all the way, all plump and juicy. Isn't that right, Toom?" I purposely said in a low voice.

I leaned in just close enough for my top to flutter against his arm.

~How you like that? Now, look at you, now look at me (uh)
Look at you, now look at me (uh)

How you like that?

How ironic this song is playing right now. I smirked as I see Tom's hand shake from my touch.

He's responding but he's not saying anything. Yet.

Let's see how long till he begs me to stop.

"Char, could you pass me the tray of mushrooms?" he says impressively steady. His voice doesn't reveal anything but I can tell that he's holding himself back this time.

It's the eerie calm before the storm. I'm a little worried but I have to finish what I came here to do.

"Alright, here." I passed the tray to him.

Then, I moved to take a sip of beer. Before I could swallow, I felt Tom's arms go around me to take my beer from me.

I look above me at him curiously as he drank my beer whilst still loosely holding me against him with one hand. With that intense look in his eyes again. I can't help but be drawn to his movements.

The way his lips brush the mouth of the beer can. The way his lips press together as he gulps down the beer. MY beer. The bobbing of his Adam's apple and how he opens his mouth with a refreshed sigh after obviously gulping down all my beer.

I can feel my face contort a little in irritation. Did this imbecile just steal my beer from me?

I just want to grab him, shove him down and have my way with him. Wait what.

No no no, I'm going to kill him with my li- ...wait eww hell no.

I turned away from him as I felt my blush burning my cheeks. "I'm going to the washroom," I mumbled out as I hastily walked off. I can't handle him teasing me like this again.

When I came back the first thing I saw was Megs serving plates of food on the tables as Josh and Tom got around to eat.

I sat down next to them, going to pick up a fork on the other side of Josh. But Tom seems to have the same thought as his hand slides over mine.

"Oh, here ya go," Tom says smilingly.

I, on the other hand, am still a little flustered so I clumsily took the fork and ate.

"Need me to feed you?" Tom whispers suddenly way too close to my ear.

I squirmed away from him, trying to glare at him instead. "No thanks."

Then, it was his turn to get behind the grill.

*****

The heat is turning up and it's not from the grill. *wink* *wink*