Chapter 27

I ended up getting a pair of overly priced underwear that doesn't really do anything to cover my private parts. It's a dark blue, sheer, see-through material with lacy intricate patterns. I have to admit, I look sexy in it. It brings out the badass queen in me. Like I can do anything.

How funny that this flimsy piece of material is all it takes to give me just a smidgen of confidence in myself.

Just the thought of me wearing this for him makes me blush furiously. Like hell, I'm going to wear this any time soon. But Megs has other plans, judging by her mischievous knowing glances at me while we were paying for our purchases. Hmm, she herself must have had something kinky planned.

Shopping bags in hand, we walked hand in hand out of the store to go meet up with the guys again. "Sooo, who's the fancy underwear for?" I asked Megs smirking because we both know as well as the other, who this is for. It's an utterly pointless question. Just wait till he finds out about her going shopping for him, that'll stroke his already gargantuan sized ego.

She giggles, "oh you knoowww."

I giggle back, "dayumm gurl, go get yo man."

"Oh, I already have."

Hmm, no doubt about that. Megs is giggling and blushing uncontrollably. Gee, I can practically see heart shapes floating around her like a halo.

We waited awhile at a corner as we texted the guys that we were done with our part. 5 minutes later, they headed our way and we all decided to catch an evening movie before having dinner.

"Let's go watch that spy movie! You know, the one with the three badass women!" Megs suggested enthusiastically.

Yes, I just love the vibe the trailer gave off. I'm soooo watching that movie with Megs. "Oh yeah! Charlie's Angels! Time for a little women empowerment! LET'S GO!!!"

"What? NO! I don't wanna watch that. It's a girly girl movie. Men don't watch that! RIGHT, TOM?" Josh vehemently rejects our movie suggestion.

"No, it's not!"

"Yes, it is!"

"NOT!"

"IS!"

Oh boy, this going to take awhile. This is a little nostalgic as I think back to all the times we used to hang out just like this. Even if that was just a few years ago, it feels so far away now. We're all much older now although maturity-wise, we're pretty much the same.

The whole time Megs and Josh were bickering, Tom was quietly staring at me. Whenever our eyes met, he'd smirk. Making my heart flutter, before adverting my gaze from him hastily.

"Hmm, I'm fine with anything," Tom states redundantly.

"What? No! Tom, you're supposed to say something else to help me!" Josh says comically whining.

"HA! So that's 3 against 1. Majority wins! Loser!" Megs says in triumph while smiling widely at Tom. Silently thanking him for taking her side but he wasn't paying attention to them. Not anymore.

Tom moves over to me as I try to look anywhere but my childish friends. I'm not going to look at him. Nope, not when he has that look on his face. I don't know what it is but it's intimidating.

He stands next to me, his hand sliding into mine. His body still facing the bickering couple. "Hey," he says softly.

"Hhey, sup?" Damnit why is my voice so weird?

"You good?" he asks.

"Yeah, why?"

"Nothing, just checking," he says vaguely. I glance up at him, he's still staring at me. What is going on in that brain of his?

*sigh* "Welp, somebody has to break those two apart." I muttered.

After I pried Meg and Josh away from each other, with some help from Tom, we went on our merry way to the cinema. "Hey, who wants to go queue for the popcorn?" Tom asks the group after some silence.

"I'll go. I want to try one of those combos, anyone wanna share?" Josh asks.

"Ok, I call dibs on the popcorn," Megs says quickly.

"Can I have some of the popcorn?" I asked really wanting to snack on that.

"I'll have just the soda. Don't wanna eat too much before dinner." Tom says.

"Yea sure, that's settled then. We should all go dutch on this one." Josh says finally and we all agreed.

As luck would have it, the next Charlie's Angels movie starts in half an hour so we don't really have to wait long.

While waiting for the movie, we sat on a bench outside the movie hall. Somehow, we're sitting back to back. Me sitting with Tom with our backs against Megs and Josh.

It's been that way since Megs went to get the snacks with Josh and I was left alone with Tom. Once they'd gone, Tom quietly pulls me to a nearby bench and sat me next to him.

"Hey, this is like a double date, you know?" Tom says smiling at me and I can't help but return the favour. "Yea, maybe," I say coyly, smiling down at my lap. We stayed like this silently as we waited for them.

Now, I'm awkwardly chewing on pieces of popcorn, trying to get rid of the self-conscious feeling that I'm getting now that Tom made his feelings clear to me. I'm looking everywhere around me, staring at random passersby. Listening to the background noise that's from the obvious flirting from the couple behind us. Giggling and playful shoves here and there.

Everything to avoid looking at the person sitting on my right. I could feel his presence from the heat radiating off his body. I don't know why but it's making me squeamish. Luckily, I don't have to eat all of the popcorn on my own. I've already lost my appetite.

"Char" A warm breath on the right side of my shoulder suddenly makes me tense my shoulder to the side. Resulting in me bumping heads with Tom.

"Oww," I groaned, hearing another deeper groan echoing mine beside my ear.

I rubbed my head as I looked at him. "What's u-? Why're you so close to me?!"

Tom is leaning in to me as he pats at the spot that I bumped into. "I just want to be close to you, Char."