Chapter 16

One of his hands started pulling at the hem of my t-shirt. Then, he started tracing the skin there, leaving goosebumps along my navel to the bottom of my lowest rib. 

"Tom, what the hell are you doing?!" I almost shouted. Is this boy here trying to play with my feelings right now? I'm not having it. "Tom, don't you dare."

But he doesn't stop. No. His fingers trail up higher to the side of my bra. "You looked so hot in my bed. Did you know that?" 

"The way your face flushes pink. The way you squirmed beneath me. Do you know what that does to a guy like me?"  

"What?" I moved my hands to cup his face and make him look at me in the eyes which were resting against my collarbone. Blowing hot breath onto my skin, making me feel warm in more ways than one. 

 I need to look at him in the eye to take this seriously. His smirk is gone. His face showed nothing except a serious expression. "Are you messing with me right now?"

"No." 

I sighed, resigned. So he really cares for me. I completely disregarded the stuff that he said about me as I brushed it off and apologized instead.

"Alright. I'm sorry. I appreciate you trying to look out for me and warn me so I won't just fall asleep anywhere anymore. Now, would you stop touching me and just let me go?"

Tom finally smiles but it doesn't reach his eyes. Before he says with a joking tone, "what? Touch you? Like this?", and proceeded to tickle me. 

Making me laugh like a maniac and in the process easing the tension that was growing in the air.

*** 

*Ding* 

On the next day, the elevator dings as it arrives on my floor. I hummed softly to a Fall Out Boy song that randomly came to my mind. 

The elevator proceeded to descend. Two floors later, on the 10th, the elevator dinged again. In walked Tom along with his signature smirk and a freshly showered scent.

"Hey"

"Hey, mornin'!" 

 "What floor are you at?" I asked him as he came to stand next to me, leaning against the wall.

"The 3rd, just one floor above yours."

Then, silence roamed free. The song playing in my head calmed me a bit. 

I sneaked a glance at him in the reflection of the elevator doors. He was looking at me. 

"You wanna carpool? We're going to the same place anyway." He asked just before the elevator slowed to a stop on the 3rd floor.

I thought for a second. Well, I don't have to be anywhere later anyway. "Ok, but what time do your tests end?"

"1:30"

"Ok, mine ends around then. Just remember to pick me up before you leave."

"Yea, sure. Come on. I'm taking my girl out."

"Ha. What a flirt."

"You know you like it." He skipped and came closer to sling his arm around my shoulders, guiding me towards his car, which is a white 3 series sedan BMW.

"Wow. Your car looks cool. Is it new?"

"Nope. It's a second hand my dad got for me." He said nonchalantly as he pressed a button to unlock his car then opening my door for me. 

"Thanks." I got in and sat, looking around the car as I waited for him to get in. He keeps his car neat and clean I see. Nice, it smells fresh in here. Still has that new car smell. 

"So whatcha think? Do you know what the material of these car seats is made of?" He asked while starting the car up. 

I knew where this was going. "What? Douchebag material? Hmmm, how suitable."

He snickers as he says, "aww, you caught on way too fast. I'm supposed to tell you it's boyfriend material."

"Well, what can I say? I'm the queen of jokes."

"Well, then the king would be me."

"Nooo, you're not. Can I turn on the music?"

"Hmmm, changing the topic, I see. Yea, fine."

*click*

~ 'Cause after all this time
I'm still into you, I should be over all the butterflies but I'm into you, I'm into you
And even baby our worst nights
I'm into you, I'm into you
Let 'em wonder how we got this far,
'Cause I don't really need to wonder at all
Yeah, after all this time
I'm still into you~

The radio went on and on came one of my favourite songs. I began singing along with Paramore.

" ~'Cause after all this time. I'm still into you~" 

Tom chuckles at me. "Aww, really?"

Ha. How ironic. I used to listen to this song thinking about him. But I don't. Not anymore. And I almost admitted this out loud. I glanced at him from the corner of my eyes. Oh, good. His attention is still on the road.

But I'll tease him anyway.

"Meh, you're not the guy I like." Then the best part of the song came.

"~Baby, not a day goes by and I'M NOT INTO YOUUUU. I SHOULD BE OVER THE BUTTERFLIIIIEEEEESS, BUT I'M INTO YOU. I'm into you. AND BABY EVEN ON THE WORST NIIIIGHTS I'M INTO YOU. I'M INTO YOU!! ~"

"DAMN, I LOVE this part!"

Turning to him, he was smiling at me. His shoulders trembling with silent laughter.

I shoved at his shoulder. "You jerk!"

"AHAHAHA. YOU SOUND FUNNY. You should sing more."

"Ha.Ha. Very funny." Just then the car reached the gate of our college. Great, less time for this guy to mock me with my singing abilities.