Chapter 24

Eyyyyy, guys and girls! Thanks for reading my book. I can't believe I made it to chapter 24 already! Damn. Also, I've added a lil more spice to this book so it'll be a mature story soon. Make sure to skip those chapters when you feel that it's too inappropriate for you. 

Now without further ado, this is the moment everyone has been waiting for. *smirk*

*****

"Tom, wwhaat are you saying? Are you for real, right now?" I ask still not believing my ears. 

He wants to be more than just friends? Wait that would mean he likes me like that? He sees me as more than just a crazy, silly girl? Am I dreaming right now? Am I drunk? 

I look him in the eyes and I can tell that he genuinely means it. "Yes, please Char. You don't have to say anything yet. Just lie here with me o...or you could just take the couch if you want."

I don't know what to say. To say I'm stunned would be an understatement of the year. I had no idea he sees me that way. Zero. 

I'm glad he sees me this way though. I've liked him since forever. I can't believe he's saying this now. I don't know how to act around him anymore. Because that's just it. Acting. I've been putting on the carefree, outgoing friend mask for too long.  

I don't know if we'd work out. What if I mess things up? What if he's wrong and he doesn't like me anymore? What if we ruin our friendship? What if...?

Tom interrupts my internal dialogue with a sigh after I've remained silent for a minute too long. "It's ok. I get it. You won't hear about this again in the morning. It'll all just go back to nmmph-"

I cut him off with my mouth. I'm kissing him. I pulled us closer as I ran my hands through his hair. 

He got caught off guard. But only for a second there before he reacted with kisses of his own. 

I'm quite inexperienced with this so I pulled away shortly after, looking at him shyly. My voice comes out a little nervous. "Um, I'm sorry. I...I really like you too but I don't really know how to do this."

He leans his forehead against mine with his eyes closed before grinning happily. "It's ok, Char. I love it." 

In those few words uttered, my heart felt weird. Like a warmth spreading in my insides, making my heartbeat speed up.

So both of us feel the same way.

Then, he kisses me again slowly. Just his lips against mine moving together. His hands started reaching for me and I let him. But his hands only stayed by my neck. 

So I guided his hands lower. From my neck to my shoulders then my sides but he stops himself from going any further. "Char, I can't, not now." His voice is deeper and hoarse. 

He's restraining himself.

"Touch me, Tom." But he wouldn't move his hands. All he's doing is just gripping my shoulders.

"I won't... be able to control myself. I don't want us to..." He groans in frustration. Tom looks down, burying his face on my shoulder. 

"I feel the same way. I don't want us to go too fast. I just want to see all of you." I said sincerely and it's true. I don't want to do it with him. At least not now. 

I'm overwhelmed with emotion. I don't know what it is but I just want to feel him against my skin. I just want to lie here with him like we are the only ones in the world. 

I looked him in the eye as I started reaching for the hem of my shirt. He doesn't answer, instead, he just swallows in response. I removed my top and threw it to the side of the bed, onto the floor.