Chapter 26

Oh no! What should I do? If they see me in here with my hickeys and bed hair, they'd get the wrong idea. 

There was no time for me to run and hide, anyway. Because the door swung right open the next second. With me standing frozen by the bed. 

"Char? You're still here?" Josh asked. 

"Yea, we thought you left already. OMG, Char! You really spent the night IN here?" That was from Megs. Well, she doesn't look surprised at all, just suddenly very enthusiastic to get me to tell her the details. Actually, Josh doesn't seem surprised either. He just looks happy. 

"Wait, you girls actually share everything? Down to the little sordid details?" Josh asks Megs, comically scared.  Megs just smirks at him, "well, wouldn't you like to know." 

Swivelling her attention back to me, "oh, we'll need to take care of that soon." Then looking behind me, she continues saying, "or would you rather leave it out in the open for a certain person to see?" She is smiling so wide, she looks like a Cheshire cat.

Even with my shoulder-length hair around my shoulders, Megs is still able to find those hickeys.

"I personally would prefer that." a certain person said from behind me, where the bathroom was. Funny, I didn't hear him coming out of the bathroom. 

I turned to glare at him. And he's still very much shirtless. Tom walks right up to me and slides his arm around my waists. 

"Okay then, let's go have some breakfast. Megs, do you have some concealer that I can borrow?" I asked Megs. I saw Josh sharing a look with Tom. Huh, cheeky little bastards. 

"Alright, you guys wanna eat out or do y'all want me to cook?" Tom asks, going into host mode. 

A chorus of food suggestions rang throughout the house. "Toast and eggs!" "I want bacon!" "Oh and orange juice! Tom, do you got all that?" "Oh, we gonna raid his fridge now!" 

Tom hangs back as he waits for me to go with them. "Better hurry. If you don't want runny yolks for breakfast~" 

I narrow my eyes at him as I walked past. Giving him the silent signal to not try anything. 

Walking behind me, I knew he was walking really close to me on purpose. 

Me, being me I just couldn't resist teasing him, so I suddenly stopped in my tracks. 

And he unceremoniously slammed into me. I smiled like a lunatic when I heard him groan, then walked away hurriedly without bothering to turn around, knowing he would definitely do something to me now. 

As expected he catches up with me soon enough, wrapping his arms around me in a backwards embrace. Right in front of the kitchen, letting Megs and Josh see us. "I'm usually not into PDA but this is just outright cute," Megs commented smirking as she puts two pieces of bread into the toaster. 

"Argh, Megs! Nobody needs your comment and this is sooo not PDA." I said worming my way out of Tom's arms. Dang, that boy's got a grip. 

Josh speaks up from the stove as he pours a little oil. "Tom, go get yourself some food." then glancing at me sneakily he added, "other than our Chaz, here of course."

I'm blushing bright red right now. "Ugh, you guys! Leave me alone!" 

Tom chuckles as he settles me next to him on the kitchen stools by the island. "I can have you whenever don't worry. Just not now," he says so low that only I am able to hear him.

"I hate you!" I squirmed away uncomfortably as I whisper yell at him. 

***

We ate the rest of our breakfast or rather our brunch as the sun had already been high in the sky for hours now. We cleaned ourselves up and decided to hang out at the mall for the rest of the day. Everybody dressed casually in t-shirts, shorts and sneakers. 

We had to buy some stuff for an upcoming college event that all of us had to participate in with our classmates. It's a charity event that we have to raise funds for. 

My class is going to sell some fried finger food, like mini sausage rolls, french fries and nuggets. It's going to be one big greasy sinful stall. 

Thinking about it makes me feel like I'm being submerged in a pool of oil. *shudders* 

"Hey, let's go in here!" Megs suddenly says excitedly. I looked and my eyes widen when I saw that it was a lingerie store. 

"Um, Megs. We're not exactly shopping with two other girls here." I quickly whisper at her. Like wtf, Megs? I might be really close and comfortable when I'm around them but last night definitely changed the way I felt about Tom.  

"Why? It's not like they're gonna come in with us?" then she looks at the boys, Tom especially and I could see the imaginary light bulb in her mind light up. *ding* "Owwh! 'Cause of that? Dang gurl! You're so cute when you're embarrassed!"

"It's ok. I got you covered," she says then turns to tell the guys to go hang out by themselves.

Then she all but drags me into the shop and I avoided looking at the guys. We walked around casually browsing. I usually just opt for the simplest, most practical designs. So about ten seconds in I had already walked the entire store. 

I went to look for Megs to see if she was done. I saw her choosing some lacy underwear set earlier to try in the fitting room. 

Coincidentally, Megs happened to step out of the fitting room. "Oh! You trying something too?" she asks then looking at my empty hands she curiously asks, "nothing you want?" 

"Nah, I don't usually wear these kinds of fancy underwear so I had no idea what these would look like on me," I say honestly. 

"Oooo then Tom's gonna freak when he sees a new improvement." Megs giggles. I can't help but squirm, "I don't know Megs." 

Seeing my overly embarrassed state, she suspiciously asks me, "wait don't tell me you guys haven't done it?" 

I quickly looked around to make sure no one was around to hear that. "No, we haven't. We're taking it slow." 

Then, blushing I mumbled, "but we cuddled in the nudes last night." 

"OH. MY. GAHHHHHH!! MHmmm! Mmm! Mmm!" Megs exclaimed but I quickly clamped my hand on her mouth to keep it shut. 

"Megsss, stop screaming! Do you want the whole world to know!?"

"I can't believe this! My pure, innocent almost prudish Char has decided to participate in a mating ritual. OMG, then you absolutely have to get something from here." then she smirks mischievously before adding, "you know for when you guys decide to do it then you can surprise him."