Chapter 31

His body is leaning in closer to mine. Caging me in against the wall. Escaping him is not an option. 

Unless...

I smiled sardonically. Worse comes to worst, I'm going to have to crack a few nuts. He made the mistake of not trapping my thighs. He let his balls be exposed. Let's hope his family has low expectations of having him carry on the next generation. And that he has a high tolerance to pain. Oh, he's going to regret this. 

My being pinned against the wall reminds me of the time Tom did it to me in his bedroom. I can't help but compare these two scenarios side by side. I know I should be afraid that a guy much bigger and stronger than I am is taking advantage of me. But I'm not. 

Tom is gentle and he puts my welfare first before anything else, he wouldn't ever want to hurt me. Unlike Tom, who I now realise I trust with my life, Alex doesn't come close to that level of trust with me. While Alex, on the other hand, just likes the chase and once he gets to me, he wouldn't think twice about ditching me. No matter what happens to me in the end, I'm just another easy prey to him. One of the girls who fell for his charming outlook.

To me, Alex is just a classmate who just so happens to have feelings for me. At most, all I really see in him is just a friend.

I can't describe it but nobody will have the connection Tom and I have.

"Alex, what are you doing?" I asked him calmly.

He smirks as he says, "just something I've always wanted to try." Then the humour of his smirk vanishes as he says, "I want to know what he tastes when he does this." 

Alex's tongue slips out to lick the side of my neck slowly as I cringe in disgust. I can't believe he'd go this far despite knowing that I already like someone else. Now he's just being an asshole.

I grit my teeth as I say slowly and cautiously. "Alex, stop this. I'm sorry if I unintentionally led you on. I'm not into you. I already like someone else." 

He doesn't stop as he kisses me roughly on the lips, pushing his body firmly against mine. He also doesn't stop when I struggle to not let him dominate me. His tongue licks at my lips but I held it closed firmly, not giving him entrance to my mouth. As a result of my stubbornness, he bites on my bottom lip instead. 

"Arghmmpf!" I flinched in pain as he bit on not too gently, trying to shrink away from his grasps but he already has both of my hands pinned above my head. 

He releases it when my lips bled, "I love how you bite on them sometimes when you're nervous.  Makes me wanna taste it for myself."

***

*Tom's p.o.v.*

She has been avoiding me. I don't know what exactly is troubling her and the silence between us is killing me. I've tried approaching her more times than I've bothered to count, each time my effort was just as futile as the last. I decided to just leave her alone when she still hasn't talked to me after a couple of days. Since classes have ended for the semester, I haven't had the chance to see her in school. She doesn't answer any of my calls or text messages. I asked Megs and Josh, and she seems fine. 

Now, that's odd. She's definitely avoiding me. I really was just teasing her like usual the other day. Why's she so sensitive all of a sudden? Maybe I should tone down on the teasing. But I miss teasing her. I miss her. Why isn't she talking to me? 

Today is the first time I've seen her in a while. She looks like her normal self. Nothing has changed. I haven't been able to stop thinking about her. She has never left my mind. Not even once have I stopped mulling over her. I just want things to go back to the way it was. Back when I had her safely in my arms.

I have only had the chance of observing her from afar. Watching Alex flirt with her non-stop. The way she subconsciously tries to lean away from him in discomfort and awkwardly fiddles with her hair. I'm so going to beat that asshole up into a pulp.

Watching her busy herself with the day's events. The way she moves so hurriedly. The manner in which she talks in that no-nonsense tone of hers, I'm sure, as she worked. Watching her sweat uncomfortably as she walks to and fro when the orders aren't coming up fast enough. The way she stares at me at odd intervals when she thought I wasn't looking. The joke's on her because my peripheral game's strong. 

Watching her help a guy out in playing a prank. The way she blushed when she saw him. The moment her eyes cast down for a second to hide the disappointment in them. Everything down to the last detail of her mannerisms has me on the edge of my seat. She's so close yet so far away. 

The moment Char met my eyes, I knew she was a little troubled. Although minuscule, I could see through her so clearly and yet I have no idea what goes on in her head. She can be so unpredictable and that infuriates me. 

I've given her enough space and time. I have to talk to her sooner or later even if that means tearing her house down. 

As that thought passed through my mind, I saw the back of Alex following in Char's direction where she had disappeared off to a minute ago. That part of the wing would be deserted by now. Charlotte and Alex would be the only people there. The thought of having the two of them alone together unsettles me. Especially since I've seen the way that guy looks at her.  

That can't be right. I have a bad feeling about this. 

*****

Get yourself a guy with good peripheral sight. Or a girl. Or both, if you like. No judgement. *wink*