Chapter 12

*Char's p.o.v.*

He walked me back to my home that night. He even got together into the lift and all the way to my front door and everything. I still can't believe that he was literally at my front door. He was at a place where I've lived all my life. My comfort zone, my home.

It makes me feel different and I can't wait to show him the personal side of me that only Megs and my parents have seen. What would it be like to be able to feel completely connected with someone? To feel safe and comfortable with someone?

Tom makes me feel alive, like I-. I'm not even sure where he stands in my life anymore or how I really feel towards him. He's more than just a good friend to me now.

That changed when he touched me like that in the pool. What he made me feel, is it just hormones? Just a reaction to his body?

But his touch is so enticing. I want to feel more. I like this side of him as a person. I can't forget the gentleness in his touch. The way he looked at me.

We walked to my doorstep slowly, taking our time. I don't know about him but I don't ever want this night to end. The once comfortable silence between us became unbearable as we came closer to my door.

Will I just awkwardly say goodbye to him and walk back in?

No. I don't want just that. My heart couldn't bear to just let him go with just a simple goodbye. As I decided that, the moment we took the last step. I turned to him and smiled. He was facing forward at my door so on instinct, I took his hand and pulled us together in a hug.

"I'm sorry for being such a whiny brat. I acted like such a clingy friend. I shouldn't have done that. I have no right to meddle in your business like that. You are a dear friend to me and I hope our friendship is ok. I don't want to lose you, ok? See you tomorrow and goodnight!"

He remained silent as I said this while hugging him. I couldn't see his face when we hugged so I can't see how he thinks or feel about this.

Instead of letting me go and bidding me farewell. He just hugged me back and patted my back. "Char, you have no idea how much you mean to me. I'll see you tomorrow."

Then, he let me go.

Before I opened the door, he stopped again and said, "oh and Charlotte? You owe me lunch tomorrow. I'll be waiting for you when you finish your class at 12. Goodnight and do dream of me because I will!" Smirking and winking at me he turned and left.

I walked in blushing. He is such a tease.

Gratefully, my parents weren't in the living room so nobody saw the blush on my face or the imposing grey bomber jacket around my shoulders that is clearly too oversized to be mine. I am lucky tonight.

I am currently at school the next day, about to attend the class before my lunch break. My face flushed red as I thought about his jacket. I'm never giving it back to him. His jacket smelled of detergent and his male scent which is a mixture of him and his body wash.

I went to sleep engulfed in his scent that night. When he first gave me his jacket, I could still feel the warmth from his body. It's like he was hugging me. It made me all warm and fuzzy inside.

I smiled thinking of his smirk before he left last night. I am going to see him later for lunch and I'm excited.

"Hmm, I sense something interesting happened. Is it about a certain tall, dark and handsome boy?" Megs suddenly spoke up from beside me. She must've noticed me blushing.

We were hanging at the main foyer where the benches were. I was standing while Meg is sitting on a bench next to our bags. I winked at her, telling her about what went down yesterday and in return she fangirled like a crazy woman.

"Speaking about attractive boys, look who's heading towards our direction," I told Meg as my eyes met a pair of brown eyes.

Josh headed our way and greeted us warmly. "Hi, guys! Megs and Char, how have you guys been doing? It's been what? 4, 5 months since we met?"

Megs looks dazed as she stared at Josh. Damn, I couldn't blame her. It has been 5 months since we saw each other after graduation and he looks awesome. He let a little stubble grow on his chin and his hair is a bit longer and gelled up.

Unlike Tom who kept his hair tousled like he just rolled out of bed. It makes me want to run my hands through it. What would his hair feel like? Soft? Oh nononono. What am I thinking?

Megs and Josh laughed and talked to one another. Megs laughed at almost everything Josh said and Josh had one of his hands around her shoulders while their eyes are glued to each other. Even the blind can see their affection for each other.

I smirked, I can't believe I'm being third wheeled right now.

Then, Josh finally separated himself from Megs. "Hey guys, we should hang out sometime. How about this weekend? We could have a get together with Tom, you girls and I, just the four of us like old times. It'll be fun! I was going to hang out with Tom at his place this weekend already so, I'll just have to run it by him first. Then, I'll text you guys the details."

"Yeah, that sounds great. But, um, Chaz here already knows where Tom's new place is. They live in the same apartment, don't you? Char?" Megs chimed in while secretly giving me a mischievous look.

Yup, I told her almost everything that went down yesterday. Excluding the details on the touching part because I get too uncomfortable coming to terms with it. But I could tell my own fidgeting and flushed appearance definitely gave her more details than I could ever tell her in words.

"Reeaally? Already? Okay. Good. Good. Right, I gotta go get a cuppa coffee before my next class which is about to start now. See ya guys!" Josh said smirking at me then sharing a secret look with Megs before walking off.

As he walked away, I am sure I saw the longing in Meg's eyes following the back of Josh. I glanced at my watch. There's still 15 minutes before class. "Megs, just go with him. Besides a cup of coffee wouldn't hurt."

Without so much as a glance at me, Megs says, "yea, I think I could use some coffee. Seeyoulaterat class!"

Then, she giggled and ran after Josh. Aww, they're so adorable with each other.