Chapter 38

I reached school early, with some time to spare before the crowd comes. There were only a few people standing around the foyer, other than the people managing the booths. The setup had merely just begun. Tom's classmates were on the other side getting ready but I hadn't seen Tom himself yet. Probably on his way here or something. Then, I spotted Alex in the back corner of the kitchen. Minding his own business.

Well here goes nothing. Better get right to it before I chicken out. "Hey, can I talk to you for a second?"

Alex ignores me, turning around instead to sort the containers of food. I walk around the table to his side. "I-I'm sorry about...", his hands stilled and stopped what they were doing, "what I did yesterday-" He interrupts me.

"I really liked you, Char. I thought maybe you had some feelings for me too. But I was wrong. You had no idea, how I felt!" Alex says quietly, almost painfully.

"I did, I mean I had a feeling you were but I thought you were just being overly friendly. And I thought you already knew I liked someone else?"

"Yeah? Well, it didn't deter my spirits, I still thought I had a chance. But it's wrong of me to do that to you. I'm sorry." he grits his teeth, mumbling most of his sentences. I've never seen him grouchy before.

"Sooo are you ok? I mean physically? I'm really sorry about that." I said, contrite, as I tried to imagine his pain. Add that to the mental bits, it must be unbearably painful.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." he continues his task without ever turning around to face me.

"Ookay..." I stood there not knowing what to do. Aight, I guess I should walk away now.

My head was tilted low, shame from my actions causes my cheeks to redden from embarrassment. Quietly, I went to set up the booth and cooking materials. Best not to think about it too much since it's not like I could really do much about it anyway.

I sat down at the front counter of the booth with a sigh. What a way to start the day. Weee...it rhymes. At least I got that out of the way.

It's going to take a while before things can go back to the way it was. If it ever could. What a way of rejecting a person. Things got out of hand way too fast and shots were fired.

"Hey" a sudden noise broke my reverie. I stood up, "heyy, T-"

A whoosh of air passed us as he took my wrist, dragging me away. Somewhere. "Hhey! Wait wait wh-!"

Tom finally stops at a deserted hallway on the west side of the building. Pinning me to a wall, leaning in closely, he kisses me. "Mmphf!"

My hands made contact with his chest, sliding up to his neck to pull him closer. "Tom"

When he finally stops, he smiles as he looks down at me. "Good morning~"

I automatically returned a smile dazedly, "morning~"

He looks serious for a second and he cautiously asks me, "did something happen? Did Alex bother you again?"

"No no, nothing's wrong. I just talked to him that's all." I looked away as I said this.

He gently tilts my chin to face him. My eyes met his and I see the concern in them. "Char, I know something's troubling you."

"I told you it's nothing. We both apologized. He's actually a pretty decent guy. We just got a little carried away yesterday." An uneasy feeling settles in my chest as I said this. I'm not used to communicating my thoughts and feelings to Tom. We were usually too casual and playful for that.

Things have obviously changed now. I looked at him shyly. For a second there, I saw a flash of dark emotion in his eyes. Is he jealous? I'm not sure.

"Ok, as long as you're fine." Then his expression changes into a smirk. "Do you know how I know?"

"Kknow what?" I asked, uncertain of what he has in mind.

"How you had something bothering you?" He leans an inch closer to my face. "You weren't looking for me. Instead, you were distracted." He keeps coming closer to my face. His gaze never wavers as he pierces me through with intensity.

"You have another guy on your mind. A guy that is not me." He broke eye contact to speak directly into my ear. His breath tickling my earlobe. "I'm the only guy for you. You're mine!" He hisses.

He actually hissed at me. I squirmed in his arms when his breath tickled my neck. "Why did you come so close?" I pushed lightly at his chest, expecting him to move away. But he remains close.

"Because I can and you're mine and mine only." He whispers, his lips brushing at my neck. I whimpered in response, my hands clutching onto his shirt. "That's right. Only I can make you feel this way."

"Gee, possessive much?" I teased him, not wanting to fully give in to him. His smirk grew against my skin, he knew I was still at his mercy.

He doesn't say anything as he kisses my neck, finding all my sensitive spots and teasing them with his tongue.

"Ttom, not here. People can see."

"Nobody's here. Don't worry." He pulls my shirt aside for more access to my shoulders. I'm wearing a red plaid button-up with a lacy white camisole under it, paired with jeans and sneakers. His other hand unbuttons the top few buttons and slips under the strap of my camisole.

I stopped his hand, "what about the security cameras?"

He groans and carries me, bridal style into an empty classroom. He sets me down on a table, hovering over me with his hands on either side of me on the table.

"Are we good now, princess?" His gaze is hungry as his eyes roam over my figure. Settling specifically longer on my open shirt. His hands pull my camisole away and he kisses my bare chest. He took his time on the pair on each side. Meanwhile, my hands did a little side quest on their own.

He draws my nipples in between his teeth, elongating them. "Ahh, not so rough." It hurts.

"Oh, I'm sorry. You're sensitive today." He mutters, going gentler on me. Licking, flicking it instead. Placing slow kisses all over me. His warm hands leaving light touches and caresses. Slow hands gliding over chests, rubbing and pinching. Shudders and moans filled the empty room.

*****

Here we go again.