Chapter 17

*Tom's p.o.v.*

Aww, she sings quite well. Though if she sang a little louder and a little less mumbling, it'd be better. Her efforts in singing that last high note though. Pfft.

Ok, I know. She's actually letting her guard down around me enough to sing. It's an asshole move on my part to poke fun at her. Especially since I'm not that good of a singer myself so I won't judge. Next time. 

I just can't help but tease her sometimes. I like it when she gets flustered. Like how she is now. Blushing. Awww.

Eww. What's wrong with me? I'm a guy. A dude. I don't do cute shit. 

But I'll make her an exception.

Char has now turned her body to look out the window and gripping onto the car door. Well, this silence is a little awkward.

I parked the car and reached out to gently pull her back to face me.

"Char, I'm sorry. I didn't mean that." I smoothed her hair out of her face. Oh, her cheeks feel so warm and smooth.

Oof, she's full-on blushing now. So warm. But she's looking anywhere else but at me right now. 

"Sigh..." I want to be more than just friends so badly right now. Can't you tell?

Before I did anything else to ruin our friendship, I retracted my hand.

At the same time, she speaks. "Yea, we should get going now. We have midterms to get through."

"Thanks for the ride. I'll wait for you here later," she says before getting out of my car. 

*Char's p.o.v.*

Was it just me or did the temperature in the car just rise? Damn it, Tom. Tom and his silly intense gaze. It's smouldering my last remaining brain cells.

Better get away from him before I forget everything for my exams.

Walking ahead of Tom towards the campus, I spot Megan walking out of the toilet.

"Hey, Megan!" I called out to her.

"Oh, Char! Heeey, gurl." Megs said looking up from where she was walking to me approaching her. When I have stopped right in front of her, she shot a fleeting glance behind me.

Smirking mischievously, she said, "oh, I see you came here with Tom?"

"Yeah, we carpooled. He's my ride back home later. Ready for Economics?" I said with a nonchalant air, ignoring Tom now standing next to me.

I felt him sling his arm around my shoulders casually. This is a little weird. He's been coming into my personal bubble all too frequently. Really? I can't believe he's still teasing me from that prank I pulled at the pool.

Then, Megs said all too bubbly, "hey why don't the four of us get together this Friday night for a barbeque party? You know, to celebrate all our hard work for midterms? I think it'd be so fun to hang out again!"

I subtly narrowed my eyes at Megs. What is she up to?

Tom just as excited says, "Oh hell yeah! Let's get some booze too!"

But I decide to play along. Gritting my teeth, I said, "where?"

Directing her grin which I am positive is evil at me she says, "your place? You guys have a barbeque pit, right?"

"Yes! Yes, we do. You guys should come over to our place. Bring some food to the barbeque. Oh, and did I mention that we have the house to ourselves? My cousin and her boyfriend are out of town till next week." Tom says happily oblivious to Megan and her hidden schemes.

"But booze? Really? We're still not legally allowed to drink, you know?" I said, doubtful. Yes, I have a beer and a little wine sometimes but that's mostly just at home with my parents. I've even drunk beer with them when we hung out sometimes. But never outside a house, where other people could see us.

"Nah, it's just beer and people won't care. You're not going to jail, Miss Goody Two Shoes." Tom says mockingly. "I won't let you get drunk, Char. Even if you do, I'll take care of you."

But then he leans in close and whispers in my ear. "In my bed."

Delicious chills shot up my spine and my face heated up. "WHAT?"

I hurriedly shook him off. "Eww. Hell no! Don't!"

Bloody hell. What did I just imagine? I so did not need that visual of me and him cuddling in his bed. Our bodies pressed up against each other, hands exploring each other's skin. *shudders* 

Meanwhile, Tom is laughing his head off at his lewd joke.

"Aight. Come on. Little kids. We'd better go now. Look forward to seeing you and Josh later this Friday!" Megs says laughingly while pulling me towards our classrooms. Where our tests await. Can't wait for it to end. 

Let's get this over with, shall we?