Chapter 13

Five minutes before class started, Megs slipped in the seat next to me all starry-eyed. "Char, was it just me or did Josh just get hotter? I mean, look at that stubble lining his jaw. It's mouth-watering! Oh, and also you HAVE to invite us to swim this weekend."

"Ok. First of all, ew. I don't think of him like you do. But he does look awesome after all this time. Second of all, OMG. Wtf. Megs, you sooo do not want to tease me with that! After all, you did just come back with that look on your face."

Then, we smirked at each other without blinking. A moment later, both of us burst out laughing.

"Touché," Megs says.

Just then our tutor walked in. "Alright, class. Good morning! Now, I'm going to separate all of you into groups of 5. Class rep., please help me to cut out small pieces of paper with group numbers one to five. Make sure there are six of each number. Thank you."

That was how Megs and I ended up in a different group. I got group number 3 and she got group number 2.

The tutor wanted all of us mixed up randomly for a project. The purpose is to promote a particular product of our choice via video presentation. We have to make an ad.

Coincidentally, my group comprises of 3 guys and 3 girls. One of the guys, Alexious, his name was, got along with me pretty well. We made him the group leader. We were instantly friends. Somehow we just clicked. He's got a wicked sense of humour. Almost quirky. This part of his personality makes all our group members get along with one another pretty well.

Alex, as now we are calling him, is a really attractive guy. He's has a really muscular figure that strains against his cotton t-shirt which leaves almost nothing to the imagination. He must abuse his gym membership a lot to get that ripped.

Once we were done dividing the work among the members, we had some time left to spare. So we chatted here and there. Shortly after class was dismissed.

Time for lunch! Oh, right! I owe Tom lunch. Ugh, that guy. But I can't help smiling, because I'm going to see him.

As Megs and I walked out to head towards the cafeteria, a male voice called out to me.

"Hey, Charlotte! Wanna grab a bite together?" It's Alexious.

"Oh, hey! Uh, I'm eating with a few friends too, if you don't mind?" I said while looking in Meg's direction. Then, I introduced them to each other. "Megs, this is Alexious, my group leader. Alex, this is Megan, my best friend since forever."

"Nice to meet you! You can call me Alex. My name can be a little of a mouthful sometimes." Alex says and winks at us.

Megs shrugged, and said, "likewise. Let's go eat!"

Then, turning to Alex, Meg commented, "so you seem to work out a lot, huh? Just look at those arms. Ooo."

I bit my lip in admiration too and subconsciously touched his arms and shoulders. Then, I realized how weird this would seem to a guy. I don't want to think that I'm flirting with him. So, I quickly retracted my hand while I sheepishly smiled. "Sorry, I'm being weird, I like working out a lot too."

He smirked at me then did a once over none too subtly, "yea, I work out."

His eyes darken as he walks closer towards my side of the path. His shoulders brush mine as we walk. Ok, he's coming a little too close to me.

Megs, however, doesn't notice my discomfort as she's walking ahead of us and seems distracted with looking for Josh and Tom at the cafeteria. More on Josh, I bet.

"Uh, hhow many push-ups do you do?" I continued asking in an effort to get rid of the awkwardness.

Alex looks happy to answer my question as he said while smiling, "50 more or less. But I've never really tested my limit."

Megs returns her attention to our conversation and said, "oh, uh-huh. I couldn't even get anywhere close to 50 if I tried! Damn. You're incredible!"

"You have no idea what this body could do." Then, he leaned in right in my ear and said with a serious face, "especially to a girl like you."

"..., ok, that's smooth. Hahaha..." My heart was pounding as I tried getting rid of the sudden awkwardness between us with a laugh. I looked in Meg's direction and she finally catches my discomfort.

"Oh, sorry, boy. I'm afraid this one's already taken." Megs tells him bluntly with a deadpanned look.

Then, I spotted Josh five rows away waving us over eagerly. While Tom is staring intensely at me with a dark look on his face.

Oh no. I can't help feeling guilty for some reason. I didn't do anything wrong, did I?

I glanced back at Alex and find him looking at me questioningly. I realized he was waiting for me to confirm what Megs said. I shrugged. "Yup, taken, sorry."

Just then, we arrived at the table and everyone greeted and introduced each other.

Except for Tom.